Dockside DIO MTB 74

Great piece of work there Keith

Excellent skills in maritime , the softskin models plus the groundwork.

Real water, like only the master can do.

Brilliant

Cheers

K

Thanks mate not sure about the master bit but glad you like it

never know with enough practice I might get there one day :shrug:

Beefy

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice work. How did you make the water?

The water was made from insulation foam and then covered and painted with PVA glue this was then covered with Delux Materials Making Waves

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234958090-beefys-boatyard-135-mtb-74-st-nazaire-raid/

beefy

• 2 months later...

Without wanting to repeat the others but I just love the water . . . .

having no clue whats so ever how you obtain such clarity I just love the effect you have created.

I am a softskin fan so those two look well in the setting so overall its a 'TEN' from the men :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Absolutely beautiful diorama!

Not being an expert on anything, and especially not on floaty things or the extremely brave people who go on them, I do have a question.

On the starboard side of the boat, is that Heracles reincarnated? I simply ask because it looks like he's sliding that torpedo inyo the tube all on his own.:huh:

Regardless it really is a beautifully done diorama!

DennisTheBear

• Like 1

Thanks for all the kind comments on this it seems to keep popping back up every now and then.

Dennis in answer to your observation about the one loading the torpedo there should be in all probability another helping him but I will be sticking with my excuse that the torpedoes were greased up prior to loading so this makes it easy for him to slide the fish into place (pun intended)

As we all know anything will slide better with a bit of lubrication  :whistle:

Beefy

It's that officer doing the funny dance ! (The one by the port torpedo tube)  Sorry beefy:lol:  Just bought the Italeri figure kit for the Vosper and looking at the reviews for the figures, somebody said 'there's an officer doing a funny dance'.  Well now I know he's definitely not doing a funny dance !  Thanks for your inspiring diorama.  Wonderful work ....

BillyD

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...