Kitty Hawk's 1/48th Scale Su-22M-3 & M-4

sharkmouth

Looks flippin awesome too me! I'll be snapping up one of these as soon as they're out. That test build looks gorgeous.

eng

• Like 1

The side wind screen will not put me off this one...

I would expect for the experts though to comment on the correct (or not) version representation...

(For now, definitely in my shopping list!)

Hi all,

It's plain to see the difference in the windscreen sidepanels shape, oddly the box-art depicts this correctly; about the ground stance one can see that the actual nosewheel fork is about 70º from the vertical but the kit's fork is about 45º!

How can such glaring errors pass all the checks is something I can hardly understand.

I hope this kit will build up nicely or I will pass buying it.

5 hours ago, Rui Silva said:

How can such glaring errors pass all the checks is something I can hardly understand.

What I don't understand is how the kit has inaccuracies that the CAD it was based on didn't have.

cadVsKit.jpg

The angle of the wheel fork was ok on the CAD too.

• Like 1

If these are the big problems then I dont understand the problem the canopy is easy fixed when one mask it and the landing gear  is also a easy fix.

We as modeleres should be a happy gang looking at what is being released the last couple of years. . We should also stop complaining and start building instead of complaining about the kits. I mean even brands as tamiya and the likes will not make THE PERFECT model.

So please enjoy the hobby and be happy that there are still companies that bring us the models we can enjoy

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, robvd said:

If these are the big problems then I dont understand the problem the canopy is easy fixed when one mask it and the landing gear  is also a easy fix.

We as modeleres should be a happy gang looking at what is being released the last couple of years. . We should also stop complaining and start building instead of complaining about the kits. I mean even brands as tamiya and the likes will not make THE PERFECT model.

So please enjoy the hobby and be happy that there are still companies that bring us the models we can enjoy

Hi robvd,

When I buy a model kit I'm paying for it so I have every right to want the best possible product for my money. And if we, as customers and modellers, do not point out these and other mistakes progress will never happen so it's not a case of simply "enjoy the hobby and be happy".

Are the faults easily fixable? So much the better but even better would be not have anything to fix. I hope this model builds nicely as I want one in my Soviet Air Forces collection.

Best regards, 

Rui

Edited by Rui Silva
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rui Silva said:

When I buy a model kit I'm paying for it so I have every right to want the best possible product for my money.

Well compared to the other kits of this type, this will probably become the 'best product'. 

I'm still apprehensive about how the fit will be, but, something about the test build suggests a slightly better fitting Kitty Hawk kit than usual.

4 hours ago, robvd said:

If these are the big problems

Nobody has said these are big problems.  People have said they are obvious problems.  People have said they are strange problems, since they were added to the digital model.  But nobody has said they are big problems.

• Like 2

Looks good on the sprues, just hope it goes together well. Not liking the look of the fuel tanks, some replacements will be required I think.

14 hours ago, Mike said:

You mean people actually look at these? :gulp:

He did say "look" rather than "read" so please don't get too cocky now :D 

JK, thanks for the prompt review.

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

Dixit madcat911 this kit, as well as the Etendard IVM/P and the SH-2G Super Seasprite, are now in stock at its local hobby shop in Singapore: Miniature Hobby (http://www.miniaturehobby.com/).

Source:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/292383-kitty-hawks-upcoming-48th-scale-su-22m-3-m-4/&do=findComment&comment=2844576

image.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1