Brass rod

TheBaron

Hi all.

I'm anticipating (giving my growing obsession with this wonderful bankrupting forum) buying some brass rod of various thicknesses for novice scratch building experiments. What's the best place online to buy said items? I don't need a huge amount but as I'm new to this would be looking for a bag of different diameters to play around with.

Apologies if this has already been covered but a search of forum topics just now didn't pull up any specific topics.

Thanks for reading,

Tony

I would recommend Albion Alloys www.albionalloys.co.uk

There are other topics, it's just that the search tool on the Invision software is useless. You have to search from the forum front page or you might not get any results at all. The alternative is to search Google but add site:britmodeller.com at the beginning of your search.

Edited by Alan P
  • Like 1

+1 for Albion Alloys; as well as the brass rod and tubes they do an aluminium micro tube from 0.3mm upwards which is much easier to cut than the brass ones (and though less hardwearing, perfectly adequate for modelling gun barrels, pitot tubes etc.)

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

Thank you both - Albion it is.

Alan P: thanks for the search tip. I wasn't aware of this search limitation but will do so on future. Apologies for reopening a previous topic.

Tony