Does Xtracolor gloss white turn yellow?

mirageiv

Hi guys,

Planning a white jet, deciding to use enamel or acrylic and wondering if the above yellows with age. I know the acrylics don't but I have better colour matches atm with my enamels so thinking of using them instead if I can, just trying to avoid a cream coloured jet down the line :winkgrin: .

Any helpful insights much appreciated, TIA

David :)

Hi guys,

Planning a white jet, deciding to use enamel or acrylic and wondering if the above yellows with age. I know the acrylics don't but I have better colour matches atm with my enamels so thinking of using them instead if I can, just trying to avoid a cream coloured jet down the line :winkgrin: .

Any helpful insights much appreciated, TIA

David :)

Hello,David - I've done two white airframes(Vulcan and F-16) and used Halfords 'Appliance White'.Maybe suitable for you? All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1

I've added the word "turn" to the topic title "Does Xtracolor gloss white yellow?", just in case it hurts anyone's head like it did mine :wacko:

• Like 1

Certainly in American English, but there's the familiar modellers' activity of watching MPM canopies yellow. If you were going to fix anything - and that'd be creating a fair bit of work for yourself - I'd have preferred you to start with "defaint".

Many thanks for the replies guys, guess I can paint with confidence :)

Paul, I agree Appliance white is very good, however I have painted some enamels and other things already on the airframe and heard bad things about spraying the cellulose Halfords paint over the top of them, don't want to take any chances :) Appliance white would be my choice with something as big as a Vulcan for sure.

Mike, ah I see it now :D thanks

David.