Hawker Hunter, 66 Squadron (Revell 1/72)

Good morning,

as some of you may know, I finished the Hunter in a rather quick period of time. Actually, it was my fastest build ever! A few details about the model: it's the well-praised Hunter F.6 from Revell, which unfortunately is a bit hard to find nowaday. It was built strictly OOB, I only added two rods connecting the nose wheel leg to the gear door, and added some transparent nav lights, no resin, no PE. Painting was done with Gunze acryls and Tamiya flat alu, oil wash after some gloss cote, semigloss at the very end. Decals had to be altered a bit, as the front part of the pizza slice is straight, not curved (see WIP in the Hunter GB)

Still, the confidentional "internal error list" is rather long, but I guess I will have forgotten the most items after a few days.

1-profil_zpskytfh4aa.jpg

2-vornelinks_zpsmh6p8yuh.jpg

3-hintenlinks_zpso5rrawjs.jpg

4-detailnase_zpsortv5jyc.jpg

5-vornerechts_zpsyxxvy6wu.jpg

6-obenlinks_zpsh29pdwu1.jpg

7-seitelinks_zpsukushbig.jpg

8-obenhintenlinks_zpskkgk7zuc.jpg

9-hintenrechts_zps2puglyvk.jpg

10-seiterechts_zpsq4fdespt.jpg

11-unten_zpsjixzfkdz.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Alex

• Like 33

Finished already! You've done a very nice job of it and the Gunze colours look spot on (which is really annoying :hobbyhorse: because they looked all wrong on a Phantom build of mine).

Duncan B (yet to even start his Hunter GB entry!)

• Like 1

Really nice hunter, I know what you mean about being hard to get, they go for silly money nowadays on e-bay, I was lucky enough to pick up and FGA.9 and F.6 before Christmas but even then it was close to £20 each and I've seen them reaching £35+ on evilbay.

I like that you went with the 66 squadron markings, I prefer this over the box-art option.

Rich

Very nice build of this iconic fighter - have some (FGA9 and Mk. 6) in my stash and hope to get soon one done. I do like yours and hope mine turns out as well as yours.

Cheers,

Michael