Spitfire XVI. 1/48th ICM kit

Another Spitfire to my collection and a 1/48th one by ICM.

This one depicts a Mk.XVI TD138 of 317 (Polish) Squadron post war at Ahlhorn germany. Those who have the Eduard Profipack kit will know the details behind this subject. As mentioned my build is from the ICM 48th kit and decals from the mentioned Eduard kit kindly supplied to me by BMer Jaw! Many thanks John!

All I added are the seatbelts from masking tape strips and some etch buckles from a set by Re-heat. All paints Xtracrylix and coated with W&N acrylic matt varnish diluted with some flow improver and airbrushed.

IMG_9428_zpsmkslwike.jpg

IMG_9429_zps0dnai3wg.jpg

IMG_9430_zpsorjvffkn.jpg

IMG_9431_zpsy0nelarl.jpg

IMG_9432_zpscawov3it.jpg

IMG_9433_zpsxqalk3xi.jpg

IMG_9434_zpsv5cvi07x.jpg

IMG_9435_zpstfrniqxo.jpg

IMG_9436_zpsykif1pk2.jpg

IMG_9440_zps92qv8e7v.jpg

I attempted to represent the overpainted larger roundels but they don't show up to well here or on the model and also I felt that I would spoil the model having got this far unblemished. But the rear overpainted sky band is OK.....ish. OI also kept the weathering to a minimum.

I also added the underwing antenna under the starboard wing from a toothbrush bristle by the way.

Thanks for looking and any questions I'll be happy to answer.

Once again many tanks to 'jaw' for the decals and Neil Belkin for the extra seat parts supplied recently

• Like 22

Very nice build and I do like the absence of heavy-handed weathering! ;-)

A small question mark for the colour of the seat – the standard seat after circa mid-1940 was the reddish/brownish plastic seat, although it's difficult to be cocksure that a previous metal, green painted seat might not have found its way into this particular machine. :-D

Excellent modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks for comments chaps.

Re the seat, I wasn't sure which way to paint it so decided to go neutral and do it grey green. Re weathering, Its there but very subtle but I can still add a fe chips and stains but really am quite happy with how it turned out. By the way, the prop is fixed in place with a shortened wooden cocktail stick as its the only thing to hand I had that fitted the hole in the nose plate and the back of the prop. A nice tight fit. If it breaks its very simple to fix!