Japanese ship modelling magazines - searches?

I am trying to find some modelling magazines for Japanese merchant ships but am not having a very successful time on Google; mainly as I don't know what to look for. I've used the heading above in the search engine and just come up with Japanese female models. Can anyone suggest some titles, which I can then search on, that have details for modelling Japanese merchant ships, or photos etc?

I do have the two volumes of "Visual Guide to Japanese Wartime Merchant Marine" and would like to find other magazines on Japanese merchant ships.

cheers

Mike

You'll be struggling, I think. Invariably, Japanese modelling magazines are inevitably heavy on militaria and sci-fi.

However, try this:

https://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?SeriesID=1083

The other magazines I can think of are Hobby Japan, Dengeki Hobby and Model Graphix, but again, these are all a mix of genres, with sci-fi featuring heavily.

This might help though - do a Google Image search for "プラモ 商船" (plamo shousen, plastic model kit merchant ship).

Edited by ShaneS

There are two fine ship ship modeling magazines available from Hobby Link Japan, " Navy Yard" and Model Arts "Ship Model Speciai'. Both appear quarterly. They are, however, mostly warship oriented. The later one is also available from Dragon in the U.S. . In my experience, the two specials you have are about it for the humble Marus.

Thanks Shane and Trenton guy; I think you are right about most magazines being warship, or gundam, biased.

Shane, that plamo shousen site you refer to is quite interesting and shows some kits that we probably won't see imported into UK.

cheers

Mike

Thanks Shane and Trenton guy; I think you are right about most magazines being warship, or gundam, biased.

Shane, that plamo shousen site you refer to is quite interesting and shows some kits that we probably won't see imported into UK.

cheers

Mike

Mike, if it's Japanese made, I can get them in. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Would that apply to kit manufacturers? Sweet and Platz for example? I'm looking for a potential source of 144 aircraft.

Mike

I can get both of those. I have access to dealers as well, so if you're after any out-of-print kits, I can try and locate them although they may be pricey, depending on how rare.