This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Col.

70's NATO Vs Warsaw Pact in Europe GB Chat

506 posts in this topic

Well put sir. You summed up the era of change there in a clear and concise way.

We all having fun gang? Know I am and I'm not even getting a chance to work on my own project so it must be from watching you all work on creating some damned fine models and reading the great banter going on across the various threads.

What I have, however, been doing whilest not working on any of my models is trying think of a plan that will allow us to continue this fun after the GB is finished. So here's some random and not quite fully formed thoughts I'm playing with; how about we all subscribe to a common 'root' thread were we can link to any of our Work In Progress threads for relevent subjects? Now there is a dedicated Cold War section to the forum for both aircraft and armour but perhaps not quite so clear cut in the maritime section and nothing to cover figures so perhaps it will be better to create one for our purposes. We could use this one but it only covers the 70s, the 80s edition was a lot of fun as well, I want to go forward (sic) with 60s and 50s editions in the near future as a 90s edition, so there's an overarching theme of the Cold War in Europe to consider. Can we create a new thread somewhere which we all subscribe to and post a link to our project threads in an unofficial 'Buddy Build'?

2 people like this

Well I've finished two, with a third on the final stetch, now what do I do with myself? Time to choose a new subject, nothing in the stash ell eagle at least out of the box, so think Ill order something, maybe an airfix lightning did a few in 2015, think its time do one again; 

Also would one of the camoed hawks be allowed? 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
1 person likes this

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:32 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

Also would one of the camoed hawks be allowed? 

Oh yes :)  Dedicated trainers are not considered Front Line equipment but weapons trainers with a secondary front line role such as the Hawk and Alpha Jet are good.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Col. said:

Oh yes :)  Dedicated trainers are not considered Front Line equipment but weapons trainers with a secondary front line role such as the Hawk and Alpha Jet are good.

ace, theres an airfix design-aw hawk boxing in LHS languishing, will pick up some point and combine it with the xtradecal sheets. 

1 person likes this

38 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

ace, theres an airfix design-aw hawk boxing in LHS languishing, will pick up some point and combine it with the xtradecal sheets. 

Don't forget, your colour scheme is limited to the wrap-around DSG/DG scheme, your Sqn's are 79 and 234, I don't think 63 Sqn's stood up on Hawks until 1980 (but I could be wrong on this). 151 didn't stand up on Hawks until the early 80's.

1 person likes this