70's NATO Vs Warsaw Pact in Europe GB Chat

On 2017-5-18 at 1:26 PM, Kingtiger said:

Hi!

I know I've been absent for some time, but if you don't mind, I'll enter with the M41 Walker Bulldog.

Cheers

If you feel confident of finishing on time then yes please go for it :D 

• Like 1

Oaft that is a challenge, I wonder if I could scrape something else in too, this is where extensive stash hoarding comes in, I don't think a Czech MiG 15 would still be in use in the 70's? 😩 It's all I have hidden amongst 3 Mig 29s a couple of SU-27s and an SU-33..

Now she is going to pick up her wedding shoes today and I wasn't going to go, however it just happens that Wildcat Models is about 5 doors along...🤔

• Like 1

A complete model in 20 days? Sure it's possible @Valkyrie :D Not be me due to a total lack of free time but sure some of us can do it. All you need is the right subject ;) 

Pick something with a simple paint scheme that doesn't requires hours of masking and days for various coats of paint to dry. Maybe an AFV kit?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2017 at 10:12 AM, Valkyrie said:

Oaft that is a challenge, I wonder if I could scrape something else in too, this is where extensive stash hoarding comes in, I don't think a Czech MiG 15 would still be in use in the 70's? 😩 It's all I have hidden amongst 3 Mig 29s a couple of SU-27s and an SU-33..

Now she is going to pick up her wedding shoes today and I wasn't going to go, however it just happens that Wildcat Models is about 5 doors along...🤔

Czech Mig-15's were still in service in the 1970's and the final squadron didn't get rid of them until the early 80's. If you want I will have a look and see what info I can find for you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Here you go @Valkyrie, found the link;

http://www.easternorbat.com/html/the_last_czechoslovak_mig-15s_.html

Hope that its of some use to you, and not too late.

I have the decals for the city of Liberec coat of arms one and do fancy it. Sister in law to be is staying in the model room tonight and them I'm off to Munich and not back till the 7th🤔 I think I could give it a whirl 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Top job to Enzo and  col.  for this gb, thoroughly enjoyed my first gb, the standard of models built, and the few that didn't make it were  very high, most enjoyable, great gb. 

Glynn

• Like 3

unfortunately mine won't make it to the finish. it was a tall order, but if my F-111 hadn't been so much of a "Pig" :rofl: to build I may have come close!! Plus being away for nearly 8 weeks in total didn't help either!

There are some awesome builds in the gallery, Craig's MiG-25 RB and David's F-104G are the standout ones for me!!

Well done to the hosts for a great GB!  :thumbsup:

• Like 5

On 6/9/2017 at 0:53 AM, Hewy said:

Top job to Enzo and  col.  for this gb, thoroughly enjoyed my first gb, the standard of models built, and the few that didn't make it were  very high, most enjoyable, great gb. 

Glynn

Yes, same from me too. I got both my builds done & enjoyed the motivation to keep the build moving along. Thank you and thanks to the other participants, whose builds I also enjoyed!

• Like 3

Well gang we are almost there with this one. Sorry I've not been around much lately but unfortunatelly my professional and private life has been rather hectic over the last few months and left me with little free time to come on and enjoy your company.

Thank you for taking the time to participate here and I hope you enjoyed the event. Next episode covers the 60s era so why not pop over to the thread and register your interest ;) In the meantime I'll leave the gallery thread open until tomorrow so please ensure you've five photos of your creations posted there and I'll get the poll sorted out :D 

• Like 6

Yeah massive thanks for this group build. I was a newbie and this was my first and although I'm on the bottom rung of the ladder I am impressed with finished mig 25. The tips, the encouragement and the people on here just made this awesome and I have learned a lot and gained so much more. I will always look at my displayed Cold War mig 25 and think of this gb and the people that helped me out. I hope one day to get to the standard set on here, all awesome, be difficult to pick just one top entry, but I feel that I am the winner out of this one with the experience I have had and it was this community that made it so.

ive already signed up to the NATO 60s GB, hope to see you all there,

well done all, and thanks!

• Like 2

I thoroughly enjoyed this GB, aside from the phact I didn't get the Phantom phinished.  Work and an inphlux of nice weather wrung any benchtime from my grasp over the past phew weeks.  Thanks again Col phor spearheading this operation.

• Like 2

Thanks for organising this.  Enjoyed it and managed to push my modelling skills a bit into the bargain!

Looking forward to the 60's (baby yeah!).

• Like 2

Massive thanks for organising this GB - really enjoyed taking part and this was the first time I've made a contribution so hope to be taking part in many more.  What happens with the poll as this is new to me so unsure what the process was?

Cheers

Kris

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Thanks guys, was enjoyable, would have liked to have made it 7 finished builds, but 5 isn't bad. :)

5 is a massive effort, quality as well as quantity too!

• Like 2

Sharing the same sentiments re the GB. Thanks to all involved in all ways. Hell, I finished something! Quite an achievement. :)

I think we know whos in the fight for the win, but the poll is always a thing to watch unfold, so when youre ready, boss. I know all too well how the real world can be a bit of a bugger at times. "Peaks n troughs" is what I always say... it helps a little at times.

Right. 60s... hmmm [peruses the stash] Looks like a Hunter or maybe very early Harrier (need to check dates) are my only options. Either would have to be in camo with LAG underside if suitable though. Will have to see what life throws at me next though before committing.

Good work everyone, lets keep it going! :)

• Like 3

Thanks for the positive feedback gang. Glad you all enjoyed it. Knowing that makes it all worthwhile.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:11 PM, planecrazee said:

What happens with the poll as this is new to me so unsure what the process was?

There's a couple things I want to sort out before posting the poll but once done the idea is we all get a chance to vote for our favourite finished model and pick a winner over the next month or so. No prizes other than the priceless and everlasting kudos of our admiration :partytime:

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, bar side said:

Any chance of unlocking the the gallery to allow bust photobucket links to be replaced?  I have been changing photos over to a new site & have working links

Which site are you using? Can't believe the no notice way this happened.