Ikimedia... strikes again

Angels49

I frequently use wikipedia for quick refs....not for firm 'ard intel, but this one has me shaking me 'ead...the bloke who wrote this doesn't know any better or doesn't care as long as the piccie is clear. I'm a diehard fan of the Goldstars...from a long time ago..and if it's one RAF Squadron markings I know it's them. So lads tell me why ikipedia would ID the aircraft in the link as a 15 Squadron aircraft when it clearly ISN'T.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panavia_Tornado#/media/File:Image_of_a_15_Squadron_GR4_taken_over_Royal_Air_Force_Lossiemouth,_and_surrounding_countryside._MOD_45155748.jpg

It's just me, but I'd prefer they had two racks of Brimstones and one GBU....they'd have more ordy to work with.

Wikipedia doesn't ID it as a 15 Squadron Tornado, the UK's Ministry of Defence imagery website does. click me. Wikipedia simply uses that free to use pic to illustrate what a Tornado looks like. They can't change the name that comes with the photo. The person who picked that photo, did write 39 Squadron under it.

Defence imagery websites have lots of errors like that.

Edited by Creepy Pete

, the UK's Ministry of Defence imagery website does. click me. Wikipedia simply uses that free to use pic to illustrate what a Tornado looks like.

Sir........surely you gest...MoD, mis-ID'ing one of it's own.....tsk..tsk...someone at the MoD needs a crash course in Squadron Identification... "Yes Wing Commander"... "I told him to shoot, he said it had a star on the tail".... :whistle:

• Like 1

Wikipedia doesn't ID it as a 15 Squadron Tornado, the UK's Ministry of Defence imagery website does. click me. Wikipedia simply uses that free to use pic to illustrate what a Tornado looks like. They can't change the name that comes with the photo. The person who picked that photo, did write 39 Squadron under it.

Like putting 39 Sqn?

Double failure!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._31_Squadron_RAF

Selwyn

(Sadly shaking his head!)

Thanx mateys I'm dancing in me wheelie, 31 Squadron, Jags and Phantoms, and Tonka's Oh my, Jags, and Phantoms, and Tonkas...Oh my (think Wizard of Oz and sing) now if I could find 31 Sqdn decals in 48th for the Jaguars, and Phantoms :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::jump_fire::jump_fire::clif:

• Like 1