747 cosmic girl.

Britman

I have just been looking at the Virgin Galactic images of their B747 and it occurs to me that the launch rocket slung under the starboard wing might interfere with the wing mounted undercarriage. If making a model of this it maybe important. I presume the pickup point is the redundant engine ferry fixings, assuming they still exist on the 744. Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I found this thread most interesting so I had a quick google search to see what the rocket looked like and came across this link: http://www.virgingalactic.com/press/virgin-galactic-welcomes-cosmic-girl-to-fleet-of-space-access-vehicles/

which states
"The LauncherOne rocket will be mounted to the carrier aircraft under the left wing, adjacent to the position that has been used by other 747s to ferry a fifth engine. Initial inspections and tests of Cosmic Girl have already been completed and, prior to the start of the wing modification, a regularly scheduled maintenance check will be conducted by VT San Antonio Aerospace. A maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) organization, VT San Antonio Aerospace has over the years re-delivered more than 3,000 aircraft."