Authentic Airliners B747's

Hi,

I am new to the forums. I see from Airliner Cafe that Kurt of Authentic Airliners is a long way down the line in producing a series of all B747 models with most engine options. However, there is no mention of this on his website. Does anyone have an further information on these kits?

Thank you. I will follow it on Airliner Cafe. Given all the considerable pain and anguish expressed on this forum about anything to do with the B747. I was surprised not to see anything here. Mind you the price tag will undoubtably put most people off, but I will definitely have a couple. The possibility of an accurate B747-236B or B747-267B is very appealing! Not to mention a good SP.

Well except for the paint job, the two will otherwise be externally identical. The last two digits of a Boeing airliner's number are the Boeing customer identifier which shows the customer which purchased the airline from Boeing. 36 is BOAC/British Airways and 67 is Cathay Pacific.

• Like 1

I had no idea that everyone loved the SP. It's one of my favorites, too! I always thought it was kind of odd that I liked it so much, but now that I've seen so many other people interested in it, I know it's not some odd liking of mine. I love a good ol' Tulip United SP, American Airlines and the old Qantas with a cheatline is just gorgeous! I know for a fact I won't be able to get one of Kurt's kits, but it's going to be great to start seeing some other people's builds op up here and there. Good luck to anyone who's purchasing some once they come out, and may God have mercy on your bank accounts!

All the best,

Drew

• Like 1

I had no idea that everyone loved the SP. It's one of my favorites, too! I always thought it was kind of odd that I liked it so much, but now that I've seen so many other people interested in it, I know it's not some odd liking of mine. I love a good ol' Tulip United SP, American Airlines and the old Qantas with a cheatline is just gorgeous! I know for a fact I won't be able to get one of Kurt's kits, but it's going to be great to start seeing some other people's builds op up here and there. Good luck to anyone who's purchasing some once they come out, and may God have mercy on your bank accounts!

All the best,

Drew

I am another SP fan, I have the Welsh kit and that will have to do for me, and the scheme? QANTAS delivery :D

• Like 1

I know I am biased here ( well, just a tad ) but for a stunning model to display have you guys looked at the South African Airways delivery scheme? The first delivery flight was nonstop from Seattle to CapeTown and that held the long distance record for quite a number of years. Apparently when checking in with the first ATC after Seattle when stating the destination of Cape town, the answer was "Not your final destination, what is your next stop"

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?134514-My-South-African-Airways-747SP-fleet-released-finally!

First pic is the "Bandit" livery, and the second the later update, both attractive to my Orange, White and Blue sensibilities.

SAA was the second customer for the type, and along with Pan Am and United, one of the main users.

I must admit though, if not SAA, then the Qantas delivery scheme would be called for here.

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

I know I am biased here ( well, just a tad ) but for a stunning model to display have you guys looked at the South African Airways delivery scheme? The first delivery flight was nonstop from Seattle to CapeTown and that held the long distance record for quite a number of years. Apparently when checking in with the first ATC after Seattle when stating the destination of Cape town, the answer was "Not your final destination, what is your next stop"

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?134514-My-South-African-Airways-747SP-fleet-released-finally!

First pic is the "Bandit" livery, and the second the later update, both attractive to my Orange, White and Blue sensibilities.

SAA was the second customer for the type, and along with Pan Am and United, one of the main users.

I must admit though, if not SAA, then the Qantas delivery scheme would be called for here.

Cheers,

Mike

Seems as I will need to search out my 747SP from the depths of my stash and start on it...

So many nice choices, it's hard to pick one! Too bad no SP's from Revell, Airfix, or Minicraft. Would definitely not mind a cheap kit, even if the quality is less than satisfactory. I've considered cutting up the Revell -400, but the changes needed were very off-putting. I'll just wait for one of you to post one up in RFI! Can't wait to see what people can make from this kit. It's sure to be a beauty! As envious as I am of anyone able to get this...

All the best,

Drew

So many nice choices, it's hard to pick one! Too bad no SP's from Revell, Airfix, or Minicraft. Would definitely not mind a cheap kit, even if the quality is less than satisfactory. I've considered cutting up the Revell -400, but the changes needed were very off-putting. I'll just wait for one of you to post one up in RFI! Can't wait to see what people can make from this kit. It's sure to be a beauty! As envious as I am of anyone able to get this...

All the best,

Drew

If you plan to convert a classic 747 into an SP,I suggest you take a Revell 747-200.The -400 is way too different.Upperdec,wingspan and the wing roots just to point out a few things. Edited by Alex1978

Genuine question if a bit OT - does the 747SP have a larger fin than the classic?

Yes,the -SP has a larger fin due to the shorter fuselage to maintain stability.