Spit Vb P O Jacques Andrieux Sqn 130 Sept 1942

Good evening

I am taking part to this Gb with a Spit Vb Tamiya I will try to represent the aircraft flown by the Pilot Officer Jacques Andrieux https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Andrieux

I will replace the Ip by a Yahu models one https://www.scalemates.com/kits/944642-yahu-models-yma7249-spitfire-mk-v, and use Eduard Pe seat belts and the Berna decals sheet 984347004.jpg

Today I painted the cockpit with in Green Interieor Humbrol 78 .

Patrice

• Like 3

Welcome aboard!

Thank you Gingerbob

Patrice

Good to see another model being built here ! Looking forward to the first pictures

Thank you Giorgio

Patrice

Welcome along Patrice. Good to see a French pilot being represented with this one :)

Thank you Col

Patrice

Good evening

I changed my mind and decided to use a Quickboost seat and today I painted it
856403SIEGEQB.jpg

I also prepared the Ip ( I really like these Yahu Ips ..)

9397710012.jpg

I placed the seat , Ip and control column
413354006.jpg
763150007.jpg

Yesterday I had painted the fuselage interior

920439005.jpg

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
  • Like 5

Good progress there and have to agree with your choices of after-market parts; the Yahu panel is stunning and the Quickboost seat essential to replace the strange shelf that Tamiya would have a Spitfire pilot perch upon.

• Like 1

Good morning

Thank you for your comments ..

I would like to know if I should delete the 2 parallel lines on the top of the wings between the cannon fairings and the pear shaped bump ?

Patrice

Good morning

Thank you for your comments ..

I would like to know if I should delete the 2 parallel lines on the top of the wings between the cannon fairings and the pear shaped bump ?

Patrice

When did Andrieux fly this aircraft ? The two stiffeners were introduced as a modification in early 1942, any aircraft serving before that date would not have any stiffener. Aircrafts in service after this date may or not have these retrofitted

Hi Patrice. Hadn't realised you were making this Tamiya kit as well. It's rather good isn't it?.........and you're making very good progress - much quicker than me! :thumbsup:

Good morning

Thank you ..

I think the Tamiya kits are the best , easy to build , accurate the only point is their price when you want to buy them in Europe but you can find some interesting opportunities on Ebay ..

Patrice

• Like 1

Hi Patrice,

Spitfire Vb BL736 was sent first to no.33 Maintenance Unit in February 1942 and issued to 130 Squadron on 25 March 1942. Based on that I think you will be okay with the stiffeners.

More info here...

Cheers,

Stew

Good morning Stew

Thanks a lot for your infos :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Patrice

Good to see more progress - you are certainly way ahead of me now. I ended up removing the stiffeners from mine - it took a bit of careful trimming and I only twice caught detail on the surface that was supposed to remain in place!! A little bit of filler and a bit of sanding down sorted it all out though. Looking forward to seeing more of the paint going on yours. I may try and do some pre-shading on mine this weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

Good to see more progress - you are certainly way ahead of me now. I ended up removing the stiffeners from mine - it took a bit of careful trimming and I only twice caught detail on the surface that was supposed to remain in place!! A little bit of filler and a bit of sanding down sorted it all out though. Looking forward to seeing more of the paint going on yours. I may try and do some pre-shading on mine this weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

Good afternoon Stix

Thank you ,removing the stifeners took you the time I spent on painting I think you will not take long before you catch me up .

The weather forecasts are not good for the weekend I think I will be able to do some more painting ..

Regards

Patrice

• Like 2