Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

PhotoBucket are no longer permitting 3rd party hosting   01/07/17

As most of you are now painfully aware, Photobucket (PB) are stopping/have stopped allowing their members to link their accumulated years of photos into forums and the like, which they call 3rd party linking.  You can give them a non-refundable $399 a year to allow links, but I doubt that many will be rushing to take them up on that offer.  If you've previously paid them for the Pro account, it looks like you've got until your renewal to find another place to host your files, but you too will be subject to this ban unless you fork over a lot of cash.   PB seem to be making a concerted move to another type of customer, having been the butt of much displeasure over the years of a constantly worsening user interface, sloth and advertising pop-ups, with the result that they clearly don't give a hoot about the free members anymore.  If you don't have web space included in your internet package, you need to start looking for another photo host, but choose carefully, as some may follow suit and ditch their "free" members at some point.  The lesson there is keep local backups on your hard drive of everything you upload, so you can walk away if the same thing happens.   There's a thread on the subject here, so please use that to curse them, look for solutions or generall grouse about their mental capacity.   Not a nice situation for the forum users that hosted all their photos there, and there will now be a host of useless threads that relied heavily on photos from PB, but as there's not much we can do other than petition for a more equitable solution, I suggest we make the best of what we have and move on.  One thing is for certain.  It won't win them any friends, but they may not care at this point.    Mike.
TEMPESTMK5

Spit Vb P O Jacques Andrieux Sqn 130 Sept 1942

49 posts in this topic

Good evening

I am taking part to this Gb with a Spit Vb Tamiya I will try to represent the aircraft flown by the Pilot Officer Jacques Andrieux https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Andrieux

I will replace the Ip by a Yahu models one https://www.scalemates.com/kits/944642-yahu-models-yma7249-spitfire-mk-v, and use Eduard Pe seat belts and the Berna decals sheet 984347004.jpg

Today I painted the cockpit with in Green Interieor Humbrol 78 .

Patrice

3 people like this

Welcome along Patrice. Good to see a French pilot being represented with this one :)

Welcome aboard!

Thank you Gingerbob

Patrice

Good to see another model being built here ! Looking forward to the first pictures

Thank you Giorgio

Patrice

Welcome along Patrice. Good to see a French pilot being represented with this one :)

Thank you Col

Patrice

Good evening

I changed my mind and decided to use a Quickboost seat and today I painted it
856403SIEGEQB.jpg

I also prepared the Ip ( I really like these Yahu Ips ..)

9397710012.jpg

I placed the seat , Ip and control column
413354006.jpg
763150007.jpg

Yesterday I had painted the fuselage interior

920439005.jpg

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
5 people like this

Good progress there and have to agree with your choices of after-market parts; the Yahu panel is stunning and the Quickboost seat essential to replace the strange shelf that Tamiya would have a Spitfire pilot perch upon.

1 person likes this

Good evening

This Week end I placed the wings on the fuselage

56839323C1.jpg

63738924C2.jpg

Patrice

6 people like this

Suddenly you have a Spitfire :thumbsup:

1 person likes this

I can only echo Col's comments, the cockpit is very good and the seat in particular really looks the part. Quickboost parts really are a great way of adding detail at little cost.

1 person likes this

Good morning

Thank you for your comments ..

I would like to know if I should delete the 2 parallel lines on the top of the wings between the cannon fairings and the pear shaped bump ?

Patrice

Good morning

Thank you for your comments ..

I would like to know if I should delete the 2 parallel lines on the top of the wings between the cannon fairings and the pear shaped bump ?

Patrice

When did Andrieux fly this aircraft ? The two stiffeners were introduced as a modification in early 1942, any aircraft serving before that date would not have any stiffener. Aircrafts in service after this date may or not have these retrofitted

Hi Giorgio

Thank you I will check when Andrieux flew this aircraft ..

Patrice

Hi Patrice. Hadn't realised you were making this Tamiya kit as well. It's rather good isn't it?.........and you're making very good progress - much quicker than me! :thumbsup:

Good morning

Thank you ..

I think the Tamiya kits are the best , easy to build , accurate the only point is their price when you want to buy them in Europe but you can find some interesting opportunities on Ebay ..

Patrice

1 person likes this

Hi Patrice,

Spitfire Vb BL736 was sent first to no.33 Maintenance Unit in February 1942 and issued to 130 Squadron on 25 March 1942. Based on that I think you will be okay with the stiffeners.

More info here...

Cheers,

Stew

1 person likes this

Hi Patrice,

Spitfire Vb BL736 was sent first to no.33 Maintenance Unit in February 1942 and issued to 130 Squadron on 25 March 1942. Based on that I think you will be okay with the stiffeners.

More info here...

Cheers,

Stew

Good morning Stew

Thanks a lot for your infos :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Patrice

Good evening

I decided to let the stiffeners in place .

This Week end I made a preshadding and started painting the underside in grey ..

6014850013.jpg

4350030022.jpg

8373840032.jpg

Patrice

5 people like this

Good evening

Today I started painting with Humbrol Grey 106

114496M001.jpg

Patrice

4 people like this

Good morning Stew

Thank you

Patrice

Good morning

I had no time to work on this build yesterday I will try to go on painting this Week end ..

Patrice

Excellent work Patrice :thumbsup:

1 person likes this

Good to see more progress - you are certainly way ahead of me now. I ended up removing the stiffeners from mine - it took a bit of careful trimming and I only twice caught detail on the surface that was supposed to remain in place!! A little bit of filler and a bit of sanding down sorted it all out though. Looking forward to seeing more of the paint going on yours. I may try and do some pre-shading on mine this weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

Good to see more progress - you are certainly way ahead of me now. I ended up removing the stiffeners from mine - it took a bit of careful trimming and I only twice caught detail on the surface that was supposed to remain in place!! A little bit of filler and a bit of sanding down sorted it all out though. Looking forward to seeing more of the paint going on yours. I may try and do some pre-shading on mine this weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

Good afternoon Stix

Thank you ,removing the stifeners took you the time I spent on painting I think you will not take long before you catch me up .

The weather forecasts are not good for the weekend I think I will be able to do some more painting ..

Regards

Patrice

2 people like this