Wolfpack Design 1/72 T-45C Goshawk June 2016

Stephen

According to some sources this might be a rebox from the Italeri's Goshawk kit (like what happen with the ESCI F-5 - http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234967860-172-northrop-f-5a-skoshi-tiger-by-wolfpack-design-italeri-rebox-released/?hl=skoshi) with resin parts and new decals. Wait and see.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

If it's a rebox of the Italeri Goshawk it's going to need an awful lot of resin parts. Wings, tailplanes and tail for a start.

And cockpit, and forward fuselage, and...

Cheers,

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

Now in the WP homepage: http://www.wolfpack-d.com/catalog/htm/wp17205.html

T-45C Goshawk
Wolfpack WP17205
Total : Over 50 parts included 2 resin parts, PE and Decal

wp17205_1.jpg

• T-45C Goshawk US Navy Jet Trainer
  • Sprue parts by Italeri models,
  • SJU-17/A NACES Ejection seats by resin parts,
  • Updated details by PE Parts,
  • 3 A/C markings for US Navy and Marine Corps,
  • Decal printed in Korea
  • A3 color printing manual included
wp17205_2.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why oh why does this one come out as soon as I have at last found and bought the Italeri one I was looking for for years???

Oh well, having 2 T-45C in the collection won't be too much I guess^_^

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
11 hours ago, Uncle Dick said:

These kits won't be "flying off the shelves" as all Goshawks have been grounded with oxygen supply issues!

Now, now. Keep up at the back.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/t-45s-flying-again-after-brief-grounding-436265/

I'll probably get a couple if the price isn't horrendous. I do have Draw Decals to hang on it, and there is also a Caracal sheet with some interesting stuff. Pinpoint accuracy isn't that big a deal with me, so I can live with the Italeri kit idiosyncrasies. Not that I wouldn't take a nice new-tool version if it were available. I certainly have no intention of paying some of the ebay prices for the Italeri though. 

I see the painting instructions show the correct flying surfaces but I see no resin in the kit to correct the Italeri errors. I can only hope for a new kit - perhaps Sword are listening?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nigel Bunker said:

I see the painting instructions show the correct flying surfaces but I see no resin in the kit to correct the Italeri errors. I can only hope for a new kit - perhaps Sword are listening?

Yep, when the kit was first announced, I was hoping for resin parts to correct the wings, stabilizers and ventral fin. Wolfpack dropped the ball biggly here.

The PE fret is not useless per se, but the instrument panels can easily be modified with some plastic sheet or PE screens. Same for the HUD.

The main corrections are not taken care of by Wolfpack and the decal sheet is minimal.

Fortunately, Caracal Decals reiussed their sheet for the T-45.