FAA off Australia 1947

gingerbob

Interesting footage, rather high attrition rate!

So they were still using Pacific theatre roundels/bars in 1947?

Is it just me? but I had never really noticed those drop tanks on the Seafire before.

Wow, so different from modern Strine!

Got to remember that due to the "cultural cringe" as it was so known, narrators and actors etc tried very hard to adopt a quasi-english accent when recorded. Often seen as a prerequisite ability for announcers and newsreaders on Australian radio and television. These days we are proud of our culture and accent, in 1947 not so much.

Interesting footage, rather high attrition rate!

So they were still using Pacific theatre roundels/bars in 1947?

Is it just me? but I had never really noticed those drop tanks on the Seafire before.

The footage showing EIF and BPF roundels on Seafire IIIs, Hellcats and Fireflys is file footage from earlier periods spliced into the report to show the dangers of naval aviation. By and large the Theseus aircraft have post was style roundels in the footage.

I'd hate to think I sound like that! :analintruder:

Britons in the US sound to our ears like either James Bond, or one of James Bond's foes. There's really no middle ground.

• Like 1

And my apologies to Ginger as well for thread wander..... it is a cool video. :winkgrin:

Procopius, on 12 Apr 2016 - 9:05 PM, said:

Britons in the US sound to our ears like either James Bond, or one of James Bond's foes. There's really no middle ground.

So, I guess there is a 50% chance I'm suave and sophisticated...... :coolio:

Don't nobody need to apologize to me! I just put the links out there, what happens after that is up to you!

bob

p.s. But if somebody can find me some actual video of a Spiteful or Seafang in flight (or even taxiing by!) I'll be mighty happy.