My first R.F.I 1/48th Scale Tamiya Fairey Swordfish Mk2

Bl**dy Hell! I'm off-line for a week (half-term) and after wrestling the 109 into shape, you've gone and done that?!! How did I miss it :fraidnot:.  Excellent and I particularly love the weathering...she looks suitably tatty (in a good way!). As I missed the WIP (and assuming there was one), what did you use for the rigging. And was it as much of a mare as I imagine all bi-planes to be?!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CJP said:

A nice neat Swordfish - the rigging and fiddly bits look daunting - was it difficult to set all these up?

Thanks. It was a little fiddly but not too bad. There is a link to the WIP at the top of this thread.

1 hour ago, Newbie(kinda) said:

Bl**dy Hell! I'm off-line for a week (half-term) and after wrestling the 109 into shape, you've gone and done that?!! How did I miss it :fraidnot:.  Excellent and I particularly love the weathering...she looks suitably tatty (in a good way!). As I missed the WIP (and assuming there was one), what did you use for the rigging. And was it as much of a mare as I imagine all bi-planes to be?!

Ha! I'm not that fast. I'm currently building a Eurofighter. This was last year, my first WIP. Thanks for the kind words, I used Tamiya PE for the rigging. I used EZ line on a Stearman Kaydet I did too. It was a bit fiddly as it kept bending all over the shop. If you look at the top of this page you'll find a link to the WIP.

glad you like her, she has pride of place in my cabinet. ;)

John.

Awesome build, and nice to see one built without the incorrect anhedral on the lower wing, it just looks right!  I had to shave the upper centre-section to try to get the lower wings level.  

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well done john ... well done.:D

ive always wanted a stringbag in my collection. A bismarck hunter or maybe a Taranto raider. 

Thanks!

Do it , they're a great addition. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

once again (ive only just found your builds) you have taken a kit chewed it for a bit and spat it out in the most epic form.  well done spad/jonny boy

brock lad

• Thanks 1