Rogue One

I know that you can't judge a film by just one trailer, but I am getting pretty excited about this one!

Let's hope that it's better than the director's version of Godzilla, 'cos that was one BIG let-down....

What's anyone else think?

Chris.

Im sure ill watch this at least twice in 3D, i saw TFA 4 times haha! Cant get enough of new Star Wars. This one has AT-AT's, old Stormtroopers (takes four to fight a guy with a stick lol), new Black Stormtroopers, Royal Guards, Jyn whos shaping up like LaraCroft x Artemisia (Eva Green), she even appears to have a Terminator droid haha! Star Destroyers and X-wings, whats not to like about that. :popcorn:

I think TFA is the best one yet, finally we get some good believable CGI and seeing the Falcon flown/abused like that was great. The new T-70 X-wings look so much better and (even ignoring falling in love with Daisy Ridley / Rey) I really liked the casting too. Sure its another big ball to blow up at the end, but at least this was an awesome planet gun that spat the sun out, unlike the second Death Star which was lazy. I love the original films but if i go back and watch them again.. omg.. ROTJ's plot is awful at the end and Luke is such a drama queen.. Darth fights like a plank of wood and.. lets spend 3 films saving the Galaxy then surrender to tiny rat faced Ewoks!? id shoot them along with Jar Jar Binks!

It will be interesting to see how good these new Rogue One / TFA succesor / Han Solo Films are now that Disney can probably relax a bit knowing they havent flushed $4 Billion and instead made the best selling film ever. Although they ony had to beat Jurrassic Park which was imo awfull haha!

More films = more fun models to build, happy days!

• Like 3

Hi, Paul.

If you can get Felicity Jones as the Special Guest at the 2017 Smallspace, then I will start queuing for it now! She is looking very fine in the trailer.....

Chris.

I'll have to ask my Neice, she was at school with her!

My goodness, that Felicity Jones is cute... :Tasty:

Brad, on 12 Apr 2016 - 01:01 AM, said:

Haha, not to worry, I'll just buy it on pay per view tomorrow on cable.

We bought the DVD on Sunday, but I've been informed by my daughter that we can't watch it until next weekend because she's too busy! :bangin:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Some very interesting possible spoilers about Rogue One characters and equipment here:

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/big-news-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-character-names-ships-descriptions-more/

I don't know how accurate it is, but I'd dearly love to see Y-Wings back in action! It also includes a very interesting TIE design. I really can't wait for this film!

Edited by Blackbrazen
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

This looks like an interesting film, and I will no doubt watch it (I did like TFA, by the way, and not just because of the absurdly appealing Miss Ridley). I don't know about a 'Rogue Two', since the real Rogue Two was toasted by an Imperial Walker in 'The Empire Strikes Back' (the best of the lot, by my estimation).

Jason

• Like 1

I was at the Star Wars Celebration on Saturday and there was a Rogue One gallery with a few character costumes and new vehicles.

TIE Striker, cargo version of the AT-AT called At-ACT! and a new shuttle. The new characters include Deathtroopers and Shoretroopers.

Only had my mobile with me and the photos are crap!

• Like 1

The AT-ACT is a bit confusing to me- it is described as being larger than the AT-ATs we saw in TESB but it seems to be the exact same design as before, just with a orange box in the mid section. In attack of the Clones we saw a cargo variant of the Republic Gunship LAAT which could carry an AT-TE into battle and while it shared some of the design features it was physically different.

The AT's do look similar, but the head on the AT-ACT is different & has less guns. Also, see pictures on links below, from front on the AT-ACT's whole rear looks taller than the AT-AT, i assume its wider inside with those extra pannels on the sides too. Heights are AT-AT 22.5m & AT-ACT is "over 20m".

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Armored_Cargo_Transport

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Armored_Transport

Id guess the AT-ACT's body is (minus its sidepods) a similar width to the AT-AT. But its slightly taller, longer and also has longer legs so the proportions look similar from the side. it will be interesting to see what stats they make up for it.

Although Rogue One is a prequel between episodes 3&4 these AT-ACT's are, along with the Death Star and type of Star Destroyers, firmly nearer the original trilogy so i would expect them to look from that time. The older AT's might still be in service somewhere else. From Wikia AT-ACT : "It was deployed at major imperial construction projects" it would make sense that the Empire would have its most advanced equipment like the AT-ACT, near its most important project, the Death Star.

Ep 7 had a new AT-AT design for its trilogy.. or will they drag it out for 6 films?

• 3 weeks later...