FW-190D-11, JV44, "A Wulf in Parrots clothing"

This is the Hobbyboss FW-190D-11 in 1/48. Its a nice kit, with good engineering and crisp, delicate recessed detail. It requires a little modification to be an accurate D-11, and a little more detailing in the gear and wheel well area's, but the fit is very nice (almost no putty was sacrificed in the making of this model), and the outline accurate. The only aftermarket used were Ultracast exhaust and seat, and Mike Grant instrument decals.

Its finished using "Experten" decals and Tamiya acrylics. Weathering is pastels, and oil paints.

Link to build: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234996206-148-fw-190d-9-and-d-11-double-build-hobbyboss-re-painted-yet-again-march-18th/

Image20_zpsva0970ts.jpg

Image21_zpsra3bkong.jpg

Image28_zpsy5f5xvws.jpg

Image101_zpssckiexmz.jpg

I know that this is a D-9, but as far as I know, this is the only colour photo of the "parrot" scheme. It's interesting that the D-9's were all in the 2 green (RLM 82,83) scheme, while the D-11 (having been re-manufactured from an A-8) was is the earlier gray- violet, dark green scheme (RLM 75, 83)

(and according to my research, Eduard got the colours wrong on their D-11 kit)

Image26_zpszldessun.jpg

Image25_zpsnfr5pahb.jpg

Image39_zps5rgol7y1.jpg

Image30_zpsn3bvlehf.jpg

Image33_zpss8nv2ntu.jpg

Image32_zpskudvzq6u.jpg

Image31_zps9ds9ijmh.jpg

Image36_zpsf8ucl8qb.jpg

Image42_zpsx2igfrur.jpg

Forgive me for posting so many photo's, but I'm quite proud of how it turned out. Hope you enjoy!

Colin

Edited by Tail-Dragon
  • Like 20

An excellent model and you're right to be proud. Don't apologise for posting a lot of photos, the more the better :)

Thanks Val, I've moved the post to ready for inspection,

Colin

• Like 1

You can be proud!!!

You have done a marvellous work.

I particularly like this colour scheme, and I have already built the Tamiya model

which is pretty much the same.

Congratulations for your great job. Polo.

:mike: :mike: :mike:

That's an exceptional build of this great little model, nice to see another JV-44 Wurger grace the pages. I really like the updating you did on it, I did a few similar updates on my WIP HB Fw 190D-9. They're super kits, easy to bring up to a good standard.

"Forgive me for posting so many photo's",there's not enough mate,some outdoor ones would be great :goodjob: ....

I would love to do some outdoor photo's, but unfortunately, here in Winnipeg, it just won't stop snowing! (freeze, snow, melt - repeat)

• Like 1

Nice job, I';m just finishing off the Hasegawa D9 which includes a "Parrot Flight" option but I decided against it as the white stripes provided are entirely "uniform" whereas on the real things they weren't, being a Little "irregular".