Garden Spitfire

Pete in Lincs

Now that is nice! I wish I could have someone build a Shturmovik for my backyard.

Regards,

Jason

Just rent a skip and add some wooden wings and a tail to it!!

• Like 3

Just shown the missus. Her response was 'noooooooooooo' !!!!!!

I've just had a similar but slightly less polite response.

I tried it on with a EE Lightning a while ago but thought I might, just might, succeed with a Spitfire.

Oh well, back to 1/48 scale!

Jonny

• Like 1

"Just rent a skip and add some wooden wings and a tail to it!!"

That would be the Beverly then Tony!!!!

I know, just gettin' me coat.

Edited by cngaero
  • Like 3

We've just returned home from a coach tour of Scotland. To my delight we were told as a treat (?) we'd have a break in Moffat. So out with the camera and eyes scanning the gardens visible from the road. Alas, no Spitfire to be seen. We left the way we came in so it's more than possible the Spiffire's the 'other end' of Moffat. The mad thought that came to me was I could show SWMBO how a garden can be enhanced but that wasn't possible.

We hope to have another break in Scotland before long ... Anyone know which garden has the Spitfire????

Jonny

If you look on the satellite mode of Google maps, and go to a cul-de-sac called The Glebe, in the south of Moffat, the northern-most house of the circle at the end of the road has the shape of the spitfire just discernible.

Edit: using Bing maps aerial mode, it is as clear as can be.

If you look on the satellite mode of Google maps, and go to a cul-de-sac called The Glebe, in the south of Moffat, the northern-most house of the circle at the end of the road has the shape of the spitfire just discernible.

Edit: using Bing maps aerial mode, it is as clear as can be.

If you use Google Earth to find "The Glebe, Moffat" you can then use Street View and the "Spitfire" is easily seen.

If you use Google Earth to find "The Glebe, Moffat" you can then use Street View and the "Spitfire" is easily seen.

Add + spitfire, and then images, and here you are.