T-70 X-Wings Combat Mission.

Hello!

Here are my two Revell T-70 X-Wing Fighters from The Force Awakens. Both kits were repainted and I added figures modified from the spares box. I used a degree of artistic license with the weathering!

You can see more pictures of this build on my blog: http://thescalemodelhangar.blogspot.co.uk

DSC_5676_zpsse8w4zsb.jpg

DSC_5675_zpszpq2vtfe.jpg

DSC_5698_zpsbrxcjhfd.jpg

DSC_5692_zpsgzkg3grj.jpg

DSC_5687_zpswr0xbzxz.jpg

• Like 12

Nice result and I really like the base.

I keep meaning to investigate the sci-fi scene, but never do.

• Like 1

Very nice!!!! Great display idea simple and very effective. I must say the Revell kits look a whole lot better than the pictures which Revell have taken. I always thought the Revell T-70 kits look odd and not really like the T-70 in the movie - in the Revell pictures the kit looks as if it has a too short nose and too long canopy but in your pictures they look spot on.

René

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your kind words! Much appreciated. :thumbsup2:

Dermot, here's how I did the base:

First I got my wood base and I smeared plaster/wall filler over the top of it. While it was setting I used a strip of plasti card to make ripples in the plaster to resemble the movement of water.

After about 24hrs drying time I began the paint process by painting the plaster a grey/green shade as the base colour. This was followed by subsequent shades of Tamiya royal blue and sea blue spayed in layers on top of the other until I was happy with how it looked.

The movement of the water is simulated by drybrushing white paint over the ridges of the plaster on the base. I worked this paint in until it look right to me. Again the base was left to dry and the whole thing was later sealed in with a high gloss finish so the base reflects a lot of light and looks wet.

Hope this has helped. :winkgrin:

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for your kind words! Much appreciated. :thumbsup2:

Dermot, here's how I did the base:

First I got my wood base and I smeared plaster/wall filler over the top of it. While it was setting I used a strip of plasti card to make ripples in the plaster to resemble the movement of water.

After about 24hrs drying time I began the paint process by painting the plaster a grey/green shade as the base colour. This was followed by subsequent shades of Tamiya royal blue and sea blue spayed in layers on top of the other until I was happy with how it looked.

The movement of the water is simulated by drybrushing white paint over the ridges of the plaster on the base. I worked this paint in until it look right to me. Again the base was left to dry and the whole thing was later sealed in with a high gloss finish so the base reflects a lot of light and looks wet.

Hope this has helped. :winkgrin:

Thanks very much and must try that out :thumbsup:

Der

• Like 1