Fokker 100 to 28-1000

DrewP

Hello, all. Having recently settled some drama over a shipping dispute, I have gotten myself a nice, NIB Revell F100. The main reason I got the kit was to convert it to an F28-1000 Friendship. I've always loved the look of the F28, and some of my favorite airlines flew the F28. I looked up "F100 conversion to F28" and only one relevant source came up, but it's written in German. Google's translations are horrible, and the details on how much to chop off the fuselage, what engines to have, whether to change the cross section, wings, etc. are all very vague and sometimes non-existent. Would anyone have any knowledge of the dimensions? Any help is greatly appreciated!

All the best,

Drew

I looked at doing the same thing, but gave up on the 1000, as a bit beyond my abilities

I think a conversion to the 4000 is probably a better way to go to begin with, as there is quite a lot less involved than a 1000

My thinking was to do the 4000 as a primer for the far more difficult 1000

I have a very simple set of plans showing the basic differences for both, but away from home for a few more weeks.

Can scan for you if you don't get something in the meantime

There was a -1000 conversion on what if modeller IIRC, though it was for the proposed US Navy COD version so not sure how much use it would be.

Paul Harrison

There is a LOT of work involved in converting the F100 to a 28-1000. Apart from shortening the fuselage the wings need substantial re-shaping and you'll have to source a pair of RR Spey engines, possibly from an Airfix BAC 1-11. Given that the F100 kit is becoming increasingly rare I personally wouldn't attempt a conversion when the Authentic Airliners kit is available.

If you're determined to go ahead there was a brief article and a useful drawing in the IPMS UK Airliner SIG newsletter about 20 years ago. I still have a copy and I can scan it for you. PM me your e-mail address if you're interested.

Dave G

Thanks, everyone. I'll look into the AA F28, see if I could get it sometime in the near future. As from the F100, I'll probably just build it OOB. Thanks for the help.

All the best,

Drew