Saab J 32B/E Lansen, Hobbyboss 1/48

Hi Johan, yes, it'll be good to see you there. I'm staying with my good friend Jan Forsgren this week, looks like there will be quite a few of us from Britmodeller at the show...looking forward to seeing everyone for a good chat, (will you be bringing your Lansen ?)...

Hi, yes I will actually. As part of the theme class. SweAF 90 years.

• Like 1

As I mentioned above, I am almost finished. Here is a mobile picture that also includes Tarangus Bulldog as a bonus. My ambition is to finish it to AIM too.

Fantastic Bjorn.

You're an ambitious man, but I have hi hopes that you make it with both kits. You're on the homestretch now.

I gave up a long time ago to try and get my viggen finished for AIM. Hope I can make it for C4.

That's great, see you both there. Looking forward to seeing the models, (the Bulldog looks wonderful !).

Bjorn just one question, does the HB kit have the correct mid to rear lower fuselage section ? I seem to remember reading that the Tarangus kit's fuselage sides were slightly too rounded and didn't quite capture the 'flattened triangular' appearance of the real thing. Having looked very carefully at this aspect of the Lansen it's quite a unique and subtle shape....interesting to know if HB got it right...

Edited by general melchett

• 2 weeks later...

Finished (a while ago...)! Picures here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235008556-148-saab-j-32e-lansen-hobbyboss/

I will also post some pictures where HB Lansen is compared to Tarangus model soon.

That's great, see you both there. Looking forward to seeing the models, (the Bulldog looks wonderful !).

Bjorn just one question, does the HB kit have the correct mid to rear lower fuselage section ? I seem to remember reading that the Tarangus kit's fuselage sides were slightly too rounded and didn't quite capture the 'flattened triangular' appearance of the real thing. Having looked very carefully at this aspect of the Lansen it's quite a unique and subtle shape....interesting to know if HB got it right...

From what I have seen, it looks correct. But I will check again, and - as mentioned above - post some pictures soon.

Edited by Bjorn
  • Like 1