Anyone else having a go at the Sword 1:48 Lightning T4?

Skyhunter66

I wondered if anyone else was currently building this and what they thought? I started mine a few weeks ago and so far so good - the build has been fairly straight forward and in fact a little easier than the 1:72 version.

I made a cock up of the decals (Xtradecal) so am just awaiting some more from MJW so I can finish it off. Here's where I'm at anyway

Chris

2016-03-30%2015.38.46_zpsaxtendrt.jpg

• Like 9

I built one a few weeks back and on the whole I liked it. The only issue I had was the fit of the wings which could have been from a different kit altogether. I'm no expert but it certainly looked right to me.

Yes you are right the wing fit was pretty awful and there's a lot of filler in mine!

Looking good and super choice of decal options from that sheet. I found the kit decals (stencils) hard to work with as they are very thin. You can also use a lot of filler if the due diligence is not done on dry-fitting!

Looks like you are on the vinegar strokes now so there should be few hurdles left.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Having got the T5 version of the kit, I have a question to the Lightning experts out there.

Was the nose intake ring the same on all Lightnings?, the kits nose ring is not round at the rear were joins the fuselage? It is shaped to match the fuselage contours.

It this photo is appear the contours match the ring, not the ring matches the fuselage.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/1/2/4/1282421.jpg

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/5/3/4/2198435.jpg

Yours looks great,.....I`ve assembled the fuselage and wings but found that there were some gaps at the joins when it came to fit the wings. I`ve re enforced the inside of the fuselage by adding plastic sprue through the wing inserts,......but then put it all back in the box as I envisaged lots of filler and wasn`t in the mood!

I`ll get it out again soon,

Cheers

Tony