Paragon 1/48th MkII Lancaster conversion any builds?

Graham

Hi guys as the title says I have had a poke around but can't find any builds of the Paragon MkII conversion builds for the Tamiya Lanc are there any out there?

Cheers

Graham

Edited by Graham

I can't remember seeing one, which is regrettably unhelpful.

In the hope that others may recall one, I'm not sure offhand whether it's possible to edit thread titles but I reckon this one would go better if you inserted the word "Lancaster" into it somewhere...

I can't remember seeing one, which is regrettably unhelpful.

In the hope that others may recall one, I'm not sure offhand whether it's possible to edit thread titles but I reckon this one would go better if you inserted the word "Lancaster" into it somewhere...

you can, 'edit' then 'full editor' facilty

I have seen a part done build at my local IPMS, I can't see the engines being a big problem, but IIRC there was some filing around the bulged bomb bay doors.

I've never heard wailing and gnashing of teeth over Paragon conversions, so presume this would be good, more than can be said about the rather aged Tamiya Lanc base kit.

this 72nd build echoes what I saw

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1262831917/Lancaster+Mark+II,+Any+models+out+there-

I've incorporated both the Paragon Lanc II engine conversion (actually a good fit and quite straightforward to do) and their bulged bomb bay conversion with belly turret, a poor fit needing a fair bit of tweaking, trimming, fitting, filling & sanding.

I can ask for more info when I next see the chap....if I remember!

HTH

T

Changes done doh :doh: I have started one and at the engine stage but there are 2 ridges on the cowling but the small diagram has the flat spot as the top so unsure why they are there and they don't match up with the exhausts. So Troy any added info would be appreciated and I can't believe there are no builds of this.

Cheers

Graham

Generally speaking Neil from Paragon carried a good name for his conversions, very cleanly molded and good fits combined with the diagram showing where to cut the donor model. I had all the 72nd conversions, (might have 1 or2 stashed somewhere) and never had much in the way with issues fitting any parts that I can recall.

Sadly there is very little out there concerning 48th Lancaster Mk.II builds

http://www.olddogsplanes.com/lancasterb2.html

Make sure you fix the props to the hub well and try not to knock them off. My kits a few years old and they've had a few repairs. Had no issues with the build though, very good conversion set,

100_0764_zpsblyhyzim.jpg

Regards

Paul

• Like 3

What I'd do to get hold of these 48 paragon conversions. There's a Manchester on eBay too, but so far, it's more expensive than my house!!!

Hi

yeah it's going well, the seller had a 1:48 lincoln conversion a few weeks ago, it went for over $500, if i remember correctly

good seller tho' i have used him a few times

cheers

jerry

I've got a Manchester, a B Mk II conversion and donor kits in the loft, though looking at my build list I will probably never get to them.

Cheers

Dennis