Some from outside at Pensacola

camper1

Hi Folks a few from the outside display at Pensacola.

The C130 was the only Hercules to land on an aircraft carrier 26 times with only 14 feet between the wingtip and the island.

Must have been a bit of puckering going on there.

Ian

IMG_9455_zpsjqkimtho.jpgIMG_9449_zpsekbvfxmp.jpg

• Like 8

Nice set love the Connie

Guy

Nice set Ian. Thanks for those.

I visited NNAM for the second time this past Christmas period and took the flightline bus for the first time. The aircraft collection outside is impressive but as Sammy said, many are looking far past their best.

The flightline tour guide was hilarious & very knowledgeable. I love the way the museum uses veterans as volunteers.

Phil

From the conversation I had with the trolley driver they have plans to build a large hanger to get the rarer stuff parked outside under cover.

Despite the shabby paintwork on many of the aircraft I was told that the airframes were preserved where it matters and that when time and money allowed they would be repainted.

One word of advice to anyone visiting is to take the trolley tour twice and sit on opposite sides of the bus to avoid reflections from the windows as you photograph ,they keep the bottom part of the window open for fresh air.

Don't forget to book the bus as you enter the museum as it only runs for certain amount of time.

Ian

• 3 weeks later...