1/35 MENG Mk.A Whippet, B Company, 6th Battalion, Tank Corps, British Army, May 1918.

1/35 MENG Mk.A Whippet, B Company, 6th Battalion, Tank Corps, British Army, May 1918.

Some background on the Mk.A Whippet:

The Medium Mark A Whippet was a British tank of the First World War. It was intended to complement the slower British heavy tanks by using its relative mobility and speed in exploiting any break in the enemy lines. Whippets later took part in several of the British Army's post-war actions, notably in Ireland, North Russia and Manchuria.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium_Mark_A_Whippet

• Kit Manufacture: MENG (#TS-021).
  • Scale: 1/35.
  • Type: British Medium Tank Mk.A Whippet.
  • Extras used: OOB.
  • Paints and colours used: Primer was black Stynylrez. Paints used were Tamiya’s XF-52 flat earth, XF-55 deck tan, XF-67 Nato green, XF-72 brown/JGSDF, XF-84, dark iron, XF-85 rubber black.
  • Weathering: black and brown clay based wash, green, grey and raw umber artist oils and rust and earth pigments.

DSCF3558.JPG

DSCF3561.JPG

DSCF3565.JPG

DSCF3568.JPG

DSCF3573.JPG

DSCF3576.JPG

DSCF3581.JPG

DSCF3584.JPG

DSCF3588.JPG

DSCF3589.JPG

DSCF3590.JPG

DSCF3591.JPG

DSCF3592.JPG

DSCF3593.JPG

DSCF3594.JPG

DSCF3595.JPG

• Like 14

You've done an extremely good job on the paintwork of the Whippet as well as the base. The barbed wire you used on the other hand is no match for the advanced skills you showed. I would try and get a better wire, maybe from Eduard or something.

• Like 1

You've done an extremely good job on the paintwork of the Whippet as well as the base. The barbed wire you used on the other hand is no match for the advanced skills you showed. I would try and get a better wire, maybe from Eduard or something.

Totally agree about the barbed wire but as it was all I had at the time I thought it would do.

I will be looking out for some more scale looking barbed wire for the future and may re-visit this dio and replace it.

Cracking model and display nice touch with the base looking like the rivets and plating :book:

Some people say the best form of flattery is to copy you may see something like this when I get round to building mine :thumbsup:

Beefy

• Like 1

Cracking model and display nice touch with the base looking like the rivets and plating :book:

Some people say the best form of flattery is to copy you may see something like this when I get round to building mine :thumbsup:

Beefy

Thanks.

Copy away I say. I borrowed the idea from a fellow modeller.

• Like 1