Nebelwerfer 42 Rocket Launcher 1:35

This older kit from LionRoar before they began their GWH brand has long been one I was a leetle bit scared of, due to its multi-media nature. It's about 50% brass, and quite intimidating. Anyway, with some new paints & primer to try out, it got pulled from the shelves and started. The build was quite quick but fiddly, and it was the painting and weathering that took the time. It was primed with Ultimate Primer and painted with True-Earth's new SDW Shading colours, which were very useful and easy to spray finely - let down only by my lack of skill in using them! :doh: After painting the model was chipped with Panzer Grey and a lightened version of the Dark Yellow base, then had some True-Earth Ageing Fluid dabbled about here & there. Some Mig Pigment soot was applied around the barrels, with various shades of mud around the wheels & undersides, plus a little bit of metallic used here and there where the paint had been well and truly worn away.

It was an enjoyable build, with lots of new things and all I need to do now is paint up the rockets, then find some crew to man it. The backdrop is just a sheet of Model Scene Late Summer with stones that I picked up from the man himself a while back during a visit to a Czech model show :)

The first pic shows it after the rockets were painted, the rest before. Confused? Welcome to my world ;)

rockets1.jpg

complete2.jpg

complete3.jpg

complete4.jpg

complete5.jpg

complete1.jpg

You can see the short build thread here if you're interested. Thanks for watching ;)

• Like 26

Thanks matey :) I've got my eye on a set from Trumpy for the s.fH18 (00426), as I'm sure they can be adapted to carry the big rounds :hmmm:

Thanks muchly fellas ^_^ I'm actually working on the grenates now. I'm going with a mid grey base tone for the body, which will be heavily weathered due to handling. Most of the pics on the web are of the smaller "lollipop" style ones though. All the pics of the 210mm ones tend to just look grotty. Is that a colour? :hmmm:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Kev - the groundwork isn't my work as it were :hmmm: Is that right? it's direct from Model-Scene in the Czech Republic. really really good stuff, but I wish they did A3 sized mats too :)

Cheers chap :) I've just finished scratch-building and painting some rocket containers, and have a couple of figures puttied and setting up on the workbench.