Meteors! First one now finished, TWO more on the go!

Nice one and typically redolent with Jonners understatement! :winkgrin:

Now, what do you think my chances are of snagging one of these beauties when I return home tomorrow, (two weeks off for good behavior!), with this rampant mass purchasing going on! :owww:

Christian, shortly to be briefly out of exile in africa :frantic:

• Like 1

HI Chaps.

The 3 Meteors will be built to show off the upcoming Marmaduke Press decals - which I must stress are not printed yet. The plan - is for two models to show 4 schemes ( ie 1 per side) with the 3rd being "proper" LOL.

Prior commitments over the Bank Holiday mean I may not be able to do much for the next few days.

What I will say about the kit though is that there must be plans for an FR9 on the cards as the nose camera windows are contained on the clear sprue, and at some point the kit must surely be re-released with underwing armament- as the flashed over holes for RPs are there to see on the lower wing inside

Both canopies styles are in there too.

The ARN-6 radio compass housing for RAAF Meteors is on the clear sprue too, and 2 styles of aileron are in the box - the early singe tab projecting versions, and the later 2 tab flush style - and of course both big and small intakes.

Jonners

• Like 6

The ARM-6 radio compass housing for RAAF Meteors is on the clear sprue too, and 2 styles of aileron are in the box - the early singe tab projecting versions, and the later 2 tab flush style - and of course both big and small intakes.

Jonners

ARN-6 Dear

That was my lowly contribution to the kit

On the plus side I helped out with an Airfix kit wooohoooo!! :)

• Like 5

duly corrected. Will they send you a kit or two BTW as thanks?

They said you were going to take care of that...

[Edit because ten words and I still couldn't check before posting.]

Edited by gingerbob
  • Like 2

Any idea when the decals will be ready Jonners?

And....looking at the art-work of the 19Sqn F8 with the chequer board fin, I think that was roundel blue, not the paler version shown.

Edit:

This is taken from the Coronation review book, with the late David Howley's artwork. I had to check that this was indeed 19 Sqn and not 43 Sqn!

The only photo's I Can find are in B&W, but the tone is identical to the shade In the roundel. The darker shade is also included in the Airfix 1/72 kit and xtradecal sheets, and noted in Fighting Colours. AFAIK the paler shade only came into use on Phantoms. Indeed the initial version of Dark Blue on the FGR2 was all but black...

Meteors19532.jpg

Edited by Bill Clark
  • Like 1

HI Chaps.

The 3 Meteors will be built to show off the upcoming Marmaduke Press decals - which I must stress are not printed yet. The plan - is for two models to show 4 schemes ( ie 1 per side) with the 3rd being "proper" LOL.

Prior commitments over the Bank Holiday mean I may not be able to do much for the next few days.

What I will say about the kit though is that there must be plans for an FR9 on the cards as the nose camera windows are contained on the clear sprue, and at some point the kit must surely be re-released with underwing armament- as the flashed over holes for RPs are there to see on the lower wing inside

Both canopies styles are in there too.

The ARN-6 radio compass housing for RAAF Meteors is on the clear sprue too, and 2 styles of aileron are in the box - the early singe tab projecting versions, and the later 2 tab flush style - and of course both big and small intakes.

Jonners

I noticed that there are two types of canopy too. Potential for earlier marks?