Replacement cockpit for 1/48 JASDF F-4EJ Kai Phantom?

erewhon1872

wonder if there are Phantom experts that can help me?

I have the Hasegawa F-4EJ Kai Phantom II kit in 1/48 and wanted to get a replacement resin cockpit but cannot find one specific to the JASDF Phantom.

I could get the True Details TD48517 Resin replacement cockpit for the F-4J but not sure if it's appropriate for the F-4EJ?

Any advice gratefully received!

Pete

Hi Pete

THe only thing I know of is the Wolfpack set which gives you new IP's and nose LINK

Also the F-4EJ is a modified (or simplified depending on what you read) F-4E not a J so you could possibly use the F-4E Aires or TD set

Hope that helps

Simon

Edited by Skids

Hi, erewhon1872,

Disclaimer: Generally speaking in modelling terms

I'm afraid no "NAvy" F-4 is suitable for a "USAF" F-4 without some work. There are surely several threads on that on this very site. From the top of my head, the rear cockpit is very different: the USAF version has a big electrical panel on the right sidewall while the Navy has a blank covering (fabric?) for the inside of the IFR probe receptacle; the USAF versions can be "flown" from the rear cockpit while the Navy cannot (or should not), which means a completely different set of instruments and a very different joystick.

A plain vanilla "USAF" F-4E cockpit would be generally suitable for a F-4EJ, which was no more than that, no less. Now, the F-4EJ Kai is another thing and it has a different instrument panel arrangement. This could be a guidance:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/PZM7203

Cockpit other than instrument panel should be suitable in general, though.

Hope that helps

Fernando

thanks for Simon and Fernando for the replies,much appreciated.

looks like if I combine a F-4E Resin cockpit and a Wolfpack F-4EJ Kai set I'll be somewhere close?

Thanks again,

Pete