THE LION OF THE DESERT, MERKAVA MK I

brodiebear, on 10 May 2016 - 6:41 PM, said:brodiebear, on 10 May 2016 - 6:41 PM, said:

Excellent build, painting and weathering.

Thx for your kind comment, cheers brodiebear :thumbsup:

Edited by FrancisGL

foxy, on 10 May 2016 - 9:00 PM, said:

Lovely job there, the weathering is very real and if this was set in a desert picture would look real.

Having a British 105 gun makes it a mean machine.

foxy :coolio:

Thx for your kindest comment, the truth is that it is thought to make a final picture with what he says, but did not find any background that would fit well, and have tried a bit with Photoshop, but not quite like it and left.

Perhaps with more time could make a nice montage

Cheers foxy :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

OUTSTANDING....:wow::yikes::wub:

Blooming IMPRESSIVE  and stands out  beautifully.

Very REAL and I did think it looked like a 1:1 scale ...thinking it's never a model.

It's ASTOUNDING Workmanship. Very VERY GOOD!

KUDOS ..:mike::mike:

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

OUTSTANDING....:wow::yikes::wub:

Blooming IMPRESSIVE  and stands out  beautifully.

Very REAL and I did think it looked like a 1:1 scale ...thinking it's never a model.

It's ASTOUNDING Workmanship. Very VERY GOOD!

KUDOS ..:mike::mike:

Many thanks for your like and more than kind comments, i'm glad you like it, maybe the photos are something "magical", although they are not retouched, if cut, I made them with a reflex camera, and that's what Michael Franks said in a song ... "The Camera never lies" ... lol.
Now that I have been with the hobby for some time, I see that I could have done something different and if it is possible to improve it as much as possible, maybe a more aggressive weathering ...

Perhaps, although very different, you can appreciate differences in this model and the Panther, which is the last one that I have "retouched", since there is a difference of at least one year or more possibly between one and the other.

Cheers Houston :yes:

• 3 years later...

Great work!
I like the color scheme and the light weathering and rusty areas. Maybe I add some dusty things, but maybe this is a personal preference :)

I bought this kit when I was a teenager and never finished, and this was the reason that my first tank in my adulthood era was the Merkava (we need to pay off this old score :D)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

this one i like ! Congratulations _ you made a nice build!

Good weathering , attractive one!

I keep an eye on Merkava kits, wish to build one or maybe few of them. Those desert beauties are lovely! 

• Thanks 1

On 09/08/2023 at 15:13, senux said:

this one i like ! Congratulations _ you made a nice build!

Good weathering , attractive one!

I keep an eye on Merkava kits, wish to build one or maybe few of them. Those desert beauties are lovely! 

Hi senux,

Many thanks for your follow and most kind comments, much appreciated, i'm glad you like it.

It is true that these vehicles are extremely special, no other tank is like them... I have a MkIII and a MkIV in my stash, maybe I'll make them one day, I hope better, because a lot has happened since this MkI.

Cheers

Francis.👍

On 09/08/2023 at 17:57, Milan Mynar said:

There is a nice painted model of the Merkava Mk. I tank.    Some photos of the Merkava in our military museum.

Hi Milan,

Stunning photos!,

It seems incredible that there are vehicles like that that work in museums...lol I note that even though it is a MkI, it has anti-slip paste on the hull and turret, and its color is darker. If you see the photo of the Tamiya box, the original color was sandier and lighter, and it did not have anti-slip paste in those years... I'm glad you like it, much appreciated.

Cheers

Francis,👍

16 hours ago, Keeff said:

That is impressive Francis! 👏 

Lots of detail and the finish to your usual high standard! 👌 

Keith 😁 

Hi Keith,

Many thanks for your like and kind words, much appreciated.

If you see the date of the publication, you will see that I did it more than 7 years ago, if you add to that that the original construction dates back more than 25 years...I myself was a bit surprised to see the result...

It is the only one from my other stage that survived and I repainted it. . Anyway, if I had to do it again, I think it would be another way. I imagine the MkIII and IV from the stash should turn out better if I decide to make them one day...lol

Cheers

Francis.👍

• Like 1