Col Dave Schilling P 47 M Thunderbolt 1945

Good morning

Yesterday I started my 4th and last build for this Gb I hope I will be able to finish before the end of the Gb

I will try to convert the Tamiya Thunderbolt D into an M model with the Quickboost wing conversion and will replace the propeller by a Revell one ,I will replace the seat by a Pavla one and the Ip by a Yahumodels one I will represent the last Thunderbolt flown by the Colonel Dave schilling https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_C._Schilling..

As usual I started by the cockpit

220274002.jpg

The Pavla seat and the Yahuu models Ip
605453003.jpg

I glued these parts together

559202006.jpg

897821007.jpg

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
  • Like 2

Hi Patrice, you have snuck this one in, I haven't looked at the main build thread for a while and have seen a few late entries.

Nice start you've made, you should have this one done in no time.

Glad to see you're back for a 4th one!!!

Hi Patrice, you have snuck this one in, I haven't looked at the main build thread for a while and have seen a few late entries.

Nice start you've made, you should have this one done in no time.

Glad to see you're back for a 4th one!!!

Good morning Rich

Thank you anyway ..

The Jug is one of my favourite aircraft and it wore so much varied and interesting camouflages in different theatre of operations furing WW2, in fact I am planning to build a french Razorback for the Mto Gb latter this year ..

Regards

Patrice

• Like 1

Salut Patrice,

I lapsed and did not spend too much time scouring the P-47 GB, and it was a mistake. There are some great builds.

You are doing great yourself! And I cannot help notice that you have become an afficionado of the Yahuu IPs! When Mrs Hannant sends me my next order, there will be quite a few of them in the box!!!

Superbe travail!

Have fun

JR

Salut Patrice,

I lapsed and did not spend too much time scouring the P-47 GB, and it was a mistake. There are some great builds.

You are doing great yourself! And I cannot help notice that you have become an afficionado of the Yahuu IPs! When Mrs Hannant sends me my next order, there will be quite a few of them in the box!!!

Superbe travail!

Have fun

JR

Bonsoir Jean Good evening

Merci and thank you , Idefinittely recommend the Yahuu products

Patrice

Good evening

During this long week end I placed the engine and started painting

Humbrol metalcote for the underside , Dark green 116 and Ocean grey 106 for the upperside

45520350P1.jpg

82099065P2.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of the pics

Patrice

• Like 2

looking good Patrice and you should be finished in plenty of time!

Good morning Rich

Thank you .. I will do my best to finish in time but I can only work on week ends and I must paint a 2nd coat of grey and green , I must also solve the propeller question I am going to use the Revell P47 M one but someone on a french modeller site pointed ou that this prop is not correct in shape ..I really need to find good pics of real P47M propeller in order to work on the Revell one ..

Patrice

Good evening

Today I placed the propeller , the undercarriage the belly tank and done a light weathering

84558465F1.jpg

36741975F2.jpg

82636721F3.jpg

54558597F4.jpg

38411827F5.jpg

So I think I can call this one finished

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
  • Like 3

Very nicely done Patrice, another fine model to add to your collection and the gallery.

It's a pity the build has to come to and end as I'm sure you would have liked to have done a few more!

Very nicely done Patrice, another fine model to add to your collection and the gallery.

It's a pity the build has to come to and end as I'm sure you would have liked to have done a few more!

Good morning Rich

Thank you for your comment but it is not my best build : there is a problem of ''silvering'' with the decals ..

Before placing it in the gallery I will try to remove the wing pylons as fellow modeller on a french site wrote me that the P47 M were not equipped with wing tanks ..

You read my mind I really would have liked to build a few more and in fact I think that I will try to build at least one more (D SCHILLING'S D ) latter this year ..

I really enjoyed participating in this Gb full of amazing builds ..

Great to see it done Patrice :)

Good morning PBS

Thank you ..

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
  • Like 1

Another well done Patrice, she may have not been exactly what you had wanted but still a nice model.

And sadly that's it for you for this GB, but I'm sure you'll be first on the list for the next one.

Again it was great to have you in this build and you turned out some great and interesting models, well done.

• Like 1

Another well done Patrice, she may have not been exactly what you had wanted but still a nice model.

And sadly that's it for you for this GB, but I'm sure you'll be first on the list for the next one.

Again it was great to have you in this build and you turned out some great and interesting models, well done.

Good afternoon Rich

Thank you ..

Yes it is really too bad that the Gb ends so soon but you can be sure that I will build at least another one before the end of this year ..

It was a great Gb and I am ready for a Thunderbolt Gb next year ..

Patrice