CARRY ON REGARDLESS. EDITED THANKS TO PHOTOBUCKET

I really do like that diorama. Some excellent water effects and a real 'marshy' feel to it.

• Like 1

Amazing detail Badder,you can almost smell the damp on that wall...

Thanks Vince, but actually it smells of Chervil. Still, better than Basil! l :yikes:

I really do like that diorama. Some excellent water effects and a real 'marshy' feel to it.

Thanks Twobad.

You might be interested to know that it weighs 8lb.

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder

Badders, congratulations on a superb build, if a picture paints a thousand words.........a diorama such as this is worth.......countless. What a story it tells

What a journey we have had, riding on your shoulders

Looking forward to whatever wonders you come up with next

Geoff

• Like 2

Badders, congratulations on a superb build, if a picture paints a thousand words.........a diorama such as this is worth.......countless. What a story it tells

What a journey we have had, riding on your shoulders

Looking forward to whatever wonders you come up with next

Geoff

Thanks Geoff.

I've enjoyed making all 3 of my dioramas and thanks to BM I've improved my skills each time. In fact, I now look at my first one and think 'That could be a lot better'. Which is why I am reworking it now!

So, no NEW dio for a while yet, just an upgrade of my Villers Bocage dio.

Thanks again,

Badder

Your the reason I don't put my models on a dioramas, I couldn't begin to get close to this.

I'm sure it represents a massive amount of work but it's certainly worth it, you deserve the praise your getting.

• Like 2

Your the reason I don't put my models on a dioramas, I couldn't begin to get close to this.

I'm sure it represents a massive amount of work but it's certainly worth it, you deserve the praise your getting.

Thank you for your kind words, Firefly.

But I believe this: If you can make a half decent model AFV, you can make a great diorama.

Yes, it takes a lot longer to make a diorama, but then there's a lot more to do. I don't class my models as excellent and that's why I devote more time to the dioramas... they either take the eye away from the inadequacies of the model, or they enhance it, I'm not sure which!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

Absolutely stunning work Badder. The water looks so incredibly convincing. I especially love the fallen fence, those small details really make the diorama stand out. Excellent. Love it.

• Like 1

Absolutely stunning work Badder. The water looks so incredibly convincing. I especially love the fallen fence, those small details really make the diorama stand out. Excellent. Love it.

Cheers Tom.

Glad you like it. BTW a bit late, but I've just received some Seafoam.... a box full of it from 'Gaugemaster' scenic scatters. I may add a tiny bit of it here and there on this diorama, but I will definitely use it for the Villers Bocage diorama currently being upgraded.

Rearguards

Badder

Another detail shot.... and yes, I've finally managed to get some Seafoam.... and have added a few tiny bits to this diorama here and there.

DSC01267_zps3uyblr7e.jpg

This IS the last pic.

TFL

Badder.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This is a fascinating diorama, so much detail, layer upon layer built up. Each layer fits well and builds on the whole effect and clarifies the idea. So many dioramas either have too much or even worse too little of the ephemera of every day life.

The water is good and splash behind the track is such a good detail.

Andrew with bear paws.

• Like 1

This is a fascinating diorama, so much detail, layer upon layer built up. Each layer fits well and builds on the whole effect and clarifies the idea. So many dioramas either have too much or even worse too little of the ephemera of every day life.

The water is good and splash behind the track is such a good detail.

Andrew with bear paws.

Love this dio badder - especially the water effects

Thanks Jeggles, and Andrew (with bear paws)

I think this dio would have been very difficult to pull off if it weren't for static grass and a homemade static grass applicator. This is the first time I've used either and I'm very pleased with the results. I've gained more knowledge on the use of 'realistic water' and replicating splashes and appreciate you noticing them. My next challenge will be an attempt at my first snow scene.

Rearguards,

Badder

Badder

Edited by Badder

Amazing diorama,

it blends well with the natural light and the natural background,

i also like the water effects and all the little details, like bubbles near the tracks!

Looking forward to the winter diorama as well! :cold:

Thanks JJ.

Can't beat natural light! Most of my work is done under low energy lightbulbs so it's always a bit of a gamble as to what the colours are going to turn out like.

Badder

• 3 weeks later...

Photobucket says it's full despite me deleting 10 percent of my photos. So, I've just set up an account with photobox instead. I was hoping pics could be posted here just the same, but it seems you have to click on the link to view...... https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=21172938803

Edited by Badder

mini_170084DSC01081.jpg

Sorry, just seeing whether this new photo-sharing site works.. it's a French one and took me a while to decipher.

TFL

Badder

Edited by Badder

Cheers Tom. Didn't notice you'd gone to be honest :evil_laugh: , but welcome back! I am wanting to add some daisies or marsh marigolds to the dio, but I am struggling to find suitable materials.... I might have to wait until autumn and source some plant materials/seeds etc.

Rearguards,

Badder