1/18 Spitfire Mk. XIVe - Race #80

You have modelers, good modellers, advanced modellers, master modellers and then...a league of it's own, like you and your Spitfire.

Seriously, I don't see what could beat that one in Telford. (well..maybe last years winner Breguet 941S, but that was last year ;))

Fingers crossed, it would deserve it.

B.

Congratulations Peter on a job well done! I have to say that the final result is rather pleasing on the eye. :clap2:

Yet again I thank you for inviting us along to witness your journey. It has been a pleasure to marvel at the level of detail your skills have produced. I'm sure you have discovered and learnt for more than anyone else along the way. Looking forward to see what you do with this knowledge on your next build.

Roll on Telford... got to see what Race #80 looks like in the flesh. But there may be a bit of a crowd!

Dave

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Peter,

I think this is my first post on this forum but I today went to Telford with the sole purpose of viewing your Spitfire. It did not disappoint - what a beautiful display of skill, and a clear expression of love for a subject. Let me be be the first to congratulate you! 

The drip tray was a touch of genius. 

Thank you for sharing your processes so explicitly on here. I will continue to watch your future builds with interest (and awe, no doubt).

All the best,

Mark

I second everything Mark says; I too laughed out loud at the drip tray!  The Spitfire is simply awesome in the flesh.  [Firefly not to shabby, either]

Congratulations on the 100% merited accolades

Well deserved Peter - she's a beauty.

For those who didn't get to Telford I hope you won't mind me posting some rubbish shots I grabbed with my 'phone through the admiring crowd:

38307803596_25f104ff18_c.jpg

24491662748_0f362f777e_c.jpg

Pride of place, just where she (and your skills) belong :)

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3