1/35 Land Rover WMIK and crew

Hi

Here's a Hobby Boss WMIK, with a modern British crew from Master Box.

Both pretty good to build, and my first build in 1/35.

A few inaccuracies in the WMIK kit, but I couldn't justify the expense of aftermarket updates, although they do look good!

Hope you like

Rob

IMG_1139_zpswl7bb9qx.jpg

IMG_1136_zpsnbqpr14p.jpg

IMG_1137_zpspzafq34j.jpg

IMG_1131_zps7efvlebx.jpg

IMG_1135_zpsw1jcw3rv.jpg

IMG_1133_zpsngzzsbxo.jpg

Edited by kwality8
  • Like 15

Nice.

Were you trying for MTP? Not being picky, but there is no black in the patern, and the Velcro patches on the arms are a dark earth colour and usually have blanking plates over the top.

Pity the poor sod with the Osprey, Bergen and Gimpy to carry.

• Like 1

Nice.

Were you trying for MTP? Not being picky, but there is no black in the patern, and the Velcro patches on the arms are a dark earth colour and usually have blanking plates over the top.

Pity the poor sod with the Osprey, Bergen and Gimpy to carry.

Yep, was aiming for MTP, but haven't yet found the right mix to achieve it!

Maybe these guys are secret squirrels, trialling a new pattern....?

• Like 1

Yep, was aiming for MTP, but haven't yet found the right mix to achieve it!

Maybe these guys are secret squirrels, trialling a new pattern....?

In all honesty MTP/Multicam is a very complex pattern. The base colour fades from tan to green and the overlying blotches have sharp and soft edges. If I lay all my kit out, no two bits look the same colour.

I have matched Revel dark earth, xtracolour IDF tan, Tamiya IJN Cockpit green so far, even then it depends on the light.

That's why I avoid figures or just go for armies/periods that used single colours.

• Like 1

I think it's a top build, great work. I like the figures too, unfortunately it seem the rivet counters have moved onto uniforms!

My Levi's have 4 rivets. :banghead:

• Like 2

Good effort on the MTP. Maybe should have started with a lighter base colour though.

Have a piece of kit or sample of the cammo and in natural light pick out the coulors you'll use . I tried it on my 120mm sniper and limited myself to 6 .

But you gave it a try and that's more than most people have done (not having a go at anyone)

• Like 1

Like that a lot! I've built the WMIK and liked it, the figures look good, what were they like for building?

Thanks!

The figures are actually very nicely detailed and easy to put together. I liked the Master Box figures so much I've bought some more (US marines in Iraq, this time)...

• Like 1

Nice ensemble, very well done, and figures are so nice done,,,,i like watch more detailed shots of them, cheers mate

Thanks!

Here's a couple of closer-up photos...

IMG_1150_zpspxzp0ojv.jpg

IMG_1147_zpsuka7kmri.jpg

IMG_1151_zpsjncvbel0.jpg

• Like 1

kwality8, on 25 Mar 2016 - 2:33 PM, said:

Thanks!

Here's a couple of closer-up photos...

IMG_1150_zpspxzp0ojv.jpg

IMG_1147_zpsuka7kmri.jpg

IMG_1151_zpsjncvbel0.jpg

Wow, :yikes: , such figures are car more cool, :gobsmacked: , i like a lot paint figures too, but i dont't know if I will be able to do,but i´ll try soon.

Thx for shots in detail, cheers kwality8 :thumbsup:

Wow, :yikes: , such figures are car more cool, :gobsmacked: , i like a lot paint figures too, but i dont't know if I will be able to do,but i´ll try soon.

Thx for shots in detail, cheers kwality8 :thumbsup:

You should definitely do some IDF figures to go with your superb Merkava.........
  • Like 1

kwality8, on 25 Mar 2016 - 8:42 PM, said:

You should definitely do some IDF figures to go with your superb Merkava.........

I`ll like.... :banghead: , but i'am a total newbie in this "miniart", but for now i'am try with a russian crew 1943-45. Wish me luck... :hanging: , cheers Rob

• Like 1