Xtracolour paint

Hi

As many of you will know, hannants are out of stock with a lot of xtracolour paint. I emailed them but they didn't give much of a reply why. Just wondered if anyone know the situation and if/when it will be resolved and they will get some back in stock.

Thanks

Quite honestly I'm now at the stage of finding substitutes for colours which were formerly available from Xtracolor, e.g. Halfords Fiat Capri Blue for BA Blue, Rover Vermillion for SAS Red-Orange, a home brew based on Tamiya X14 for KLM blue and so on. Even before the postal issues, Xtracolor airliner colours didn't sell huge quantities and I can't imagine Hannants considering them a priority for re-stocking.

They do take a while to dry.

Thanks

Never had a problem with drying times, mix them properly, thin them 50:50 with Xtracolor quick drying thinners and they are dry to the touch in an hour or so, however for masking I always leave them for at least 3 days to fully cure.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 2

Never had a problem with drying times, mix them properly, thin them 50:50 with Xtracolor quick drying thinners and they are dry to the touch in an hour or so, however for masking I always leave them for at least 3 days to fully cure.

Cheers

Dennis

Totally agree,Dennis.I haven't tried their quick dry thinners.I thin the same ratio as your Goodself and use normal white spirit and add a few drops of cellulose thinners.No overlong drying issues to report at all.All the best,Paul.

They can be maskable in 1-2 hours using these: http://www.rustins.eu/Details.asp?ProductID=777

Add a few drops to your airbrush cup and it really helps, the more the faster they dry. Just don't add any spare paint/driers mix back into your tin (or everytime you use a particular colour) as it just does the same thing to your whole tin! Ruined at least 5-6 tins doing this :winkgrin:

Edited by mirageiv
  • Like 3

They can be maskable in 1-2 hours using these: http://www.rustins.eu/Details.asp?ProductID=777

Add a few drops to your airbrush cup and it really helps, the more the faster they dry. Just don't add any spare paint/driers mix back into your tin (or everytime you use a particular colour) as it just does the same thing to your whole tin! Ruined at least 5-6 tins doing this :winkgrin:

Rustins Driers is an excellent product, I use it in most brands of enamel paint.

Karl