1/144 - Armstrong Whitworth AW.660 Argosy by MikroMir - Srs 100/200 & RAF C.1/T.2 released

Homebee

16 hours ago, Trenton guy said:

Metal props available from Welsh Models. Their website suggests that Hastings and D.C.-4 have the same props. If so, then spare Minicraft DC-4 props might work, as well.

The thing is DC-4 props are 3 blade and the Argosy 4 -blde with square tips for one variant and slightly longer blades. I may well try Aeroclub ones.  DC-7 ones might work, they were 4 bladers.

Still no sign of my Argosy - evitently there was some foul up in the Ukraine post service which has delayed my copy. Fingers crossed....

John

The one being offered on E-Bay is promising delivery in the second half of February. Looks more like a pre-order than slow post. Doubt that the kit is out yet, perhaps late January. The trouble with pre-orders not clearly identified as such is that ( with PayPal payment) they get your money upon order rather than upon dispatch. Works if you want it as soon as possible and don't mind the investment.

I am delighted to say that my long awaited Mikro Mir RAF Argosy arrived this morning. At first glance it looks to be very well done. A late Christmas present!

John

• Like 1

Ordered in Nov but mine seemed to have been bouncing around the Ukraine postal service - managed to track it. Arrived at Heathrow Thursday am. Now with Royal Mail.

Update: just delivered by friendly postman! :)

Rich

Edited by RichG
update
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...