Big As MAZ - DONE

RichO

Absolutely Bonkers not only do you build the hole engine but a perfect stand for it to sit on while you are assembling it  :doh:

stunning stuff :yes:

beefy

• Like 1

Thanks beefy,  Thanks you guys for watching!

It's been a busy 10 days or so.  I have been working on the small stuff that is mounted to the engine block.

The photos I have to share are a random assortment of things I mostly forgot to take photos of because I got in the groove from time to time.

I'm to the point now where I really have to paint the engine block.  Just about everything is built that needs to be mounted to the engine.  The photos are odds and ends of various items for mounting.  Like so...in no order at all...

This is the only photo i managed to take of the water pump...

IMG_2443_zpsmcqi2d07.jpg

I managed to take just this shot of the water distributer...

IMG_2442_zps0l5kigmr.jpg

The only known photo of the Exhaust Headers...

IMG_2437_zpsgjuqmcrp.jpg

The starter motor and generator...

IMG_2438_zpsrg2qnx4i.jpg

I did manage to take more photos of the gear box at the back of the engine...

IMG_2434_zpssaydpu5t.jpg

IMG_2435_zps8bjlsflj.jpg

IMG_2439_zpsz3inzvnx.jpg

IMG_2445_zpsyawxnslm.jpg

These are the twenty four mounting flanges for the air intake and the exhaust headers...two days just for these little things...

IMG_2436_zpscoah786c.jpg

So with all that, it's now time to paint and assemble...

IMG_2444_zps2mzjc5ic.jpg

I'm sure I'll discover something I missed along the way, but for now everything is off to the paint shop.  When I get all this back, I'll start the assembly, with more photos.

Later All.........

• Like 11

Thanks Gynn,  I haven't seen you post here before.  Stick around, there is plenty more to build.

• Like 1

Brilliant....no already said that. Terrific work......no, that too. Gobsmacked.... just repeating myself. I tell you what. I'll wait until the paint goes on and see if I can come up with a different superlative.

John.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Brilliant....no already said that. Terrific work......no, that too. Gobsmacked.... just repeating myself. I tell you what. I'll wait until the paint goes on and see if I can come up with a different superlative.

John.

^^ What he said ^^

Truly a work of art.

G

• Like 1

Thanks AgentG,  here's something for ya..

Just a tease guys...

IMG_2452_zpsnmswv4ly.jpg

IMG_2447_zpsu8omb3n2.jpg

IMG_2451_zpsiwa0wqig.jpg

IMG_2446_zpsosk2abqn.jpg

IMG_2449_zpsbwslk7ud.jpg

IMG_2450_zpsammwkziy.jpg

IMG_2453_zpsaa7injv7.jpg

' could take another week to apply all the dirt...

Later...........

• Like 8

Holy cow! This is really great stuff Rich, cant-believe-my-eyes-smiley-emoticon.gif

you're not only a master of scratch-building, but rather also a master of aging and weathering, in a word, a great artist as I got to know you and what I really appreciate. up040577.gif

Thank you for sharing your fantastic work. 00003423.gif

Well I've started going through your thread I've just got up to page 9, what a marvel, its going to be incredible rich ,an absolute masterclass of scratchbuilding,

Glynn

• Like 1

19 hours ago, roma847 said:

Holy cow! This is really great stuff Rich, cant-believe-my-eyes-smiley-emoticon.gif

you're not only a master of scratch-building, but rather also a master of aging and weathering, in a word, a great artist as I got to know you and what I really appreciate. up040577.gif

Thank you for sharing your fantastic work. 00003423.gif

Thanks Manfred, That means a lot.

Kev...Thanks for hangin' with me.

Glynn, I've seen some of your work.  Thanks for the compliment.

Hey Guys,

More stuff...

The exhaust headers...

IMG_2455_zps0lznt5dc.jpg

Air intake headers...

IMG_2456_zpsv0uobvqx.jpg

parts painted up and ready for install...

IMG_2457_zps3zar2ysg.jpg

IMG_2458_zps2okdsxcl.jpg

IMG_2459_zpsytjvatpw.jpg

IMG_2460_zpsmlgl38nz.jpg

with the radiator frame set around the engine, I discovered that the fit was a little wonky... I took a whole day to fine tune the fitting and get things marked on the frame for final fitting...

IMG_2461_zpshywcnbli.jpg

IMG_2462_zpstzb4watn.jpg

I still have a ton of stuff to add to the engine, I just need to check the fit issues as I go, to make sure the radiator cage stays square and level.

More later...Rich

• Like 7

2 hours ago, RichO said:

I discovered that the fit was a little wonky...

I'm so pleased to hear that......................

It's nice to know you are human like the rest of us ;)

Beautiful work

Kev

• Like 2

Hi Rich,

Lots to catch up on, have had family visiting from England for two weeks and then we had lightning and thunder which hit our internet mast so for over two weeks could not see anything so just spent time looking at your master piece and loved every one of your posts pure magic.

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

Thanks a lot guys!! 

On 7/21/2017 at 0:46 PM, roma847 said:

goodjob.gif

One can see, how many fun you have with the weathering of this stuff, brilliant work!!!  speak_cool.gif

Manfred, you know me to well.  I'm having a blast slopping paint all over this build.

On 7/21/2017 at 0:57 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

Rich,

Go to the 'header' the class.

Good one Pete.

On 7/21/2017 at 2:51 PM, longshanks said:

I'm so pleased to hear that......................

It's nice to know you are human like the rest of us ;)

Beautiful work

Kev

Hey Kev,  My wife thinks I'm from some alien world.  She always yells at me when she gets mad..."Didn't your alien overlords teach you this before they sent you here!!!"

On 7/21/2017 at 5:02 PM, Ripaman said:

Hi Rich,

Lots to catch up on, have had family visiting from England for two weeks and then we had lightning and thunder which hit our internet mast so for over two weeks could not see anything so just spent time looking at your master piece and loved every one of your posts pure magic.

Regards

Richard

Thanks Richard,  I lost following your build and can't seem to find you.  Let me know wasup.

On 7/21/2017 at 9:27 PM, Gremlin56 said:

Really amazing build and paint job.

Thanks Gremlin, I've been lookin' at your stuff,  Nice work also.

Thanks guys...Rich

• Like 1

Back in the mists of time, when I was a kid, I used to go to my local model shop which sold exquisite brass models, made by Japanese companies like Tenshodo, of locomotives such as the UP's Big Boy. They were always on show, still in the unpainted brass, and I used to think that it was a shame to paint them. I thought the same while viewing your work as in it's raw state it seemed to give it a whole new image. But now that the paint is going on, and the weathering too, it's bringing it all to life. And I would never compare yours with the one that I saw at Saumur as it's apples and oranges. Both absolutely brilliant in their own scales. Keep it going Rich. This is a very interesting build.

John.

• Like 2