Big As MAZ - DONE

RichO

Think you are imagining something more than the reality.  It’s a real event from around the time of the second Boer War

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Mafeking

Trouble with having had relatives in the army - always talking about obscure colonial events.  For others see:

the black hole of Calcutta

going doolally

the road to Mandalay

etc...

• Haha 1

Hey Everyone,

This is it guys.  The last week of this build.  I have started at the front of the truck and will be working my to the back bumper.

All the little details that I'm sure would have ended up on the floor, are being added to finish this up.  I will show each section over this week and then the final portrait shots before RFI.

First up is the Cab.  Final photos........

pnSE9oH6j

pmOKIsYZj

pmi3qkepj

pmzYDr5jj

The Cab is now 100% finished.  I removed the cab to make the install easier.  I'll be moving back to the engine covers next.

Thanks All.........

• Like 7

Hi Rich,

I've missed not being able to see the progress on this build. For some reason since you went over to ImageShack, all that appears on my screen is a little box with a cross in it, so I've not seen any progress since the beginning of the year. Anyone any ideas how to get around that?

John.

I have heard that some computers can't see Imageshack photos.  I'm not a computer person at all, So I don't know how to fix this.  I believe it's at the Imageshack end of the line where the problem lies.  But only on some computers, not all.

Hey All,

The engine covers are now finished 100%.

poLudXXDj

pnp7J19Mj

poddyLbrj

I'll be back with more finish work in a bit.....

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Hi Rich,

I've missed not being able to see the progress on this build. For some reason since you went over to ImageShack, all that appears on my screen is a little box with a cross in it, so I've not seen any progress since the beginning of the year. Anyone any ideas how to get around that?

John.

Hi John,

maybe it's up to your browser, which you are using. hmmm.gif

Therefore try to use others, maybe that helps. up040577.gif

• Like 3

Thanks for tagging along Richard, and Glynn.  It's been a blast reading your comments.

Hey Guys,

These are the final photos of the 100% complete, Winch cover...

poLyNZVnj

po4Uv6TUj

pmSq0QFkj

I have a couple of small items left to build, a day or so for these.  I'll be back with the final portrait shots...Thanks All....

• Like 3

• RichO changed the title to Big As MAZ - DONE

Hey All,

I finally finished This big Russian "Betty".  The build is done.

poSldYiVj

poJcIUAlj

pnP7UkFNj

pnV6FnRnj

poOsanmsj

pmzLiU9Tj

pofo1Vbzj

postEwLxj

pnzT6Xz6j

pm2WGXTKj

Thanks a lot everyone for tagging along with me on this two year build.  I learned a lot for the next build, and will be attempting things untried by me before.

I'll be ready for RFI  in a bit, while I finish the Dio display base.  Thanks All,  Rich.......

BTW: I will be moving down to the Diorama section to try to finish that build,  Launch 14, Coopers Rocket.  Check it out, Thanks.

• Like 10

Hi Rich,

first of all, my deference and appreciation for this grandiose model, into which you have put all your modeler skills and artistic talent, as wild and depraved as this rust bucket may look in the end. clap.gif

It was a pleasure to follow your growing masterwork day by day. smiley250.gif

It is ready for the Hall of Fame. up040577.gif 

Rich, the result is truly amazing. It's been a real privilege to share the journey with you. Speaking as someone who has only recently returned to the hobby after many years, and who is therefore a novice, it's a real masterclass. I'll nip over to the diorama section to take a look at the rocket, and see Big Betty in her final glory.

All the best,

Tim

• Like 1

To look back at the drawings and the first castings, I thought then...this guy is out of his tree! :fool: I was right, Rich, you gotta be nuts.:banghead:

With each visit it just got more insane. :mental: To take a few sheets of styrene and produce a pile of scrap is outstanding. :worthy:Now I'm waiting for the dio and the next project. :Tasty:

• Like 1

You guys are all great with the kind comments!!  See you all again with the next build.  Thanks All!