Somme battle tribute dio

Might be a bit hard sanding that boxing down in situ. Does it come off? Maybe take it off then sand it and put it back on. Failing that I'd use a sharp knife first to speed things up a bit.

Excellent dio made even better by the lighting.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

The boxing is just a bit of basic formwork to allow me to pour and shape the filler for the ground. I will remove it and use the base as a stencil, on the sides and front especially, to mark out on the wooden moulding I have where to cut down/sand to. The moulding is similar to this one I used in my Panther dio, which I will post on here another time.

image_zpsasolxf4g.jpeg

image_zpscedll82d.jpeg

With a bit more focus.

Edited by Fatman24834154
  • Like 2

Sorry but I think you spoiled it. The guy with the big pointy red hat just looks stupid. :fight:

I thought he was a General :banghead: ....

Edit: Can't wait to see the Panther dio mate....

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 2

Hi Dave,

As a random thought - rather than taking off you form work - you could try making it look a bit like a WWI wooden ammo box. See the picture attached - dirty the wood up a bit and print on the text (or part of it)..

image_zpsh5b7naan.jpeg

Edited by Grey Beema
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

I like that one. I nearly got that figure set until I decided on the one I used for '0730.' I've not used Masterbox figures before until now and you end up wanting more of them once you get going.

It's amazing what the unused herbs can be used for. I'll have to have a root around in the cupboard for my next builds.

• 1 month later...