Hawker Hawfinch.

Artie

Hi all.......According to my evergrowing pile of Airfix's Hawker Furies, I'm thinking about new options to be built.....Could it be possibly to build a Hawker Hawfinch from a Fury?????

Were them something like a Jupiter engined Fury, or were there other great (and relevant) differences??????

I'm aware there's no much info about that nice Hawker biplane, but who knows, there are some experts in this forum...

TIA and best regards....

As there are no reliable drawings of the Hawfinch available in the public domain (that I know of) perfect scale isn't an option. You could try scaling the Putnams drawings but beware these often suffer from 'printers push' so the ratios might be out. You might be able to use the main fuselage but all the flying surfaces are quite different. There were two bay and (shorter) single bay wings fitted but I don't recall seeing a photo of the latter. and I suspect the wings (shape) might have more relationship with the Woodcock/Danecock than the Fury.

John

• Like 1

Well, given the fact that it's not going to be as simple as mating a Jupiter engine to a Fury fuselage, I 'll forget about this project by now...

Thank you very much for your kind info and opinions, they're absolutely welcome....

Best regards...