Bandai 1/72 First Order TIE Fighter

So here is the first of my Bandai Star Wars kits. I'm very impressed with the kit engineering, especially at this scale. You could put it together without glue, it's that accurate. The colour moulding also means you could avoid painting too, but this time (unlike the Revell kits I did) I have given it a full paint job. Main colour was Tamiya Nato Black with Aeromaster Light Mod Eagle Grey for the fins. Rest was panel washing with Tamiya Panel Line and silver dry brushing followed by a coat of semi-gloss varnish. I've also got the SF version plus T-70 waiting as well as a pair of OT TIEs and Vader's TIE advanced for a Black Squadron diorama :)

Comments welcome as always.

FO_TIE_05_zpshwara4hr.pngFO_TIE_02_zpsqswelunh.pngFO_TIE_03_zpsxcm1byhr.pngFO_TIE_04_zpsvlcasvez.png

FO_TIE_01_zpsstlnux5s.pngFO_TIE_07_zpsfmdfgqxr.png

Edited by fernwood79
  • Like 3

This thread had me confused. I've seen the new Star Wars movie, but I had the impression that the new TIE fighters had a rear gunner. *confused*

Nah, thats the Special Forces First Order Tie.

None-the-less, a great job & a nice look into the cockpit.

Wayne.

• Like 1

This thread had me confused. I've seen the new Star Wars movie, but I had the impression that the new TIE fighters had a rear gunner. *confused*

Further to Wayne's answer, the cockpit has space and locating recesses at the back for the gunner and controls. The SF Bandai TIE has another sprue with the pieces. Looking at it though, it's hard to see how either crew could eject through the hatch without losing one or more appendages!