Su-33 Kinetic, 1/48, wip

Hello there,

here are some progress pictures of the Kinetic Su-33 kit.

I've tried to fit the Aires cockpit inside, because I wasn't satisifed with the instrument panel, with its position to be exact - it is far to deep inside the pit.

It's not something that bothered me that much - but since I had aires cockpit I decided to use it. But oh man, a far far more work was required than I anticipated. But when I made the cut - there was no turning back.

Would I do it again? Hell NO, loud and clear.

Here are picutures and tnx for watching!

Cheers!

1_Su_33.jpg

2_Su_33.jpg

3_Su_33.jpg

4_Su_33.jpg

5_Su_33.jpg

6_Su_33.jpg

7_Su_33.jpg

8_Su_33.jpg

9_Su_33.jpg

11_Su_33.jpg

12_Su_33.jpg

13_Su_33.jpg

14_Su_33.jpg

15_Su_33.jpg

17_Su_33.jpg

18_Su_33.jpg

19_Su_33.jpg

• Like 22

Tnx all!

Fabulous cockpit and start and the colour looks spot on and in scale too. What paint did you use please?

Gary

Gary , I used Gunze RLM 65 as base + bit of light blue. RLM 65 is perfect as a base for this subject IMO.

Not bad, not bad at all.

But wheres the updates? Cmon, keep us fed!

Hi RMP2, since I started this topic yesterday it is to soon (at least for me) to update it. :-D

But I hope that update will come soon - next are wheel bay!

Cheers!

Hello skuki ,

this cockpit is awsome! Do you use oil colors to achieve these results? The deatils are great...

Tnx Hetzer, Everything is painted with acrylic colors - base are Gunze.

Those tiny buttons and etc are painted with Valleyo acrylic - the only colors that I have and tried so far, that is capable for such tiny details - and those are really tiny, pictures can't show it in fact how tiny these are

Wash is oil based wash - tamiya ones (black and brown)

Regards!

Hi there,
Ive noticed that the rear part of the Kinetic kit is a bit wrong. The Su-33 has different area behind the seat, mostly due to the different ejections system that in Su-27.

That said, the bulge (in the red circle) is further away from the seat than in Su-27, and it has different shape. The Kinetic did quite OK with the distance form the seat, but the shape is of the Su-27, not Su-33.

One more thing - Su-33 does not have those circles like Su-27 does. The whole part is different.

I made a mistake because I was starting from the wrong presuption - that Su-27 and Su-33 are the same in this area, but they aren't. So everything I did in this areas is correct - for Su-27 :wacko:/>/> So, I've decided to change it, mostly because I've spent a lot of time on cockpit itself so I can't just overlook those new conclusions.

Here are the pictures:

007jpg_0.jpg

33a_zpsxgybfjmxa.jpg

SU_33_on_the_deck_of_Admiral_Kuznetsov_0

8_Su_33.jpg

20160315_174845.jpg

20160315_175946.jpg

• Like 3

Few update pictures. Now to the seat rails and other details. Also, front cover will be changed since one from the Aires set is for Su-27 which is also a different part.

2_Su_33.jpg

3_Su_33.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

• Like 8

Hi Skuki,

Lovely job on the cockpit really admire your skills and your attention to detail.

Guy

Lovely work. Apols for the last post, I didnt check the time/date you had started the thread. :)

I wish my shlves were big enough to fit one of these on.

Thanks all.

Here are some pictures of the "modified" part of the aires. It would be best that I've left the Kinetic part, but that wasn't the option because It didn't fit the instrument panel - both the shape and the position, I had to move the cover back a bit. So I've decided to use the aires part, for which I was afterwards told it's not correct for Su-33, only for Su-27. Still need to add details.

Cheers!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by skuki
  • Like 7

Great work, your eye for detail is brilliant .

Guy