Valom 1/72 Bell YFM-1 Airacuda RFI

I picked this up on the T7 Models stand at the Yeovilton show a few weeks ago (thanks Martin - nice to meet you!)

In a moment of madness I didn't put it down again.

25626593121_ebc4423525_c.jpg

Box by Ced Bufton, on Flickr

Here's my attempt presented after one of my longest and most challenging WiPs which, as usual, includes all the steps and some great tips and support from fellow BMers.

25600585112_baf4209092_c.jpg

25695434276_1da13fb735_n.jpg 25721497915_50f765f32d_n.jpg

Untitled by Ced Bufton, on Flickr

25721545425_15a216fa69_c.jpg

25094938333_bdae52e64f_c.jpg

25600559822_7194d2b999_c.jpg

25420859300_7f328dfc9e_c.jpg

Untitled by Ced Bufton, on Flickr

NMF is AK True Metal, the waxy sort, which I like (a lot). Two used on this, Aluminium and Dark Aluminium. Not primed but 'brushed out' and allowed to dry overnight. Seems to be OK but I've not top coated. It also allows different finishes, buffed or non-buffed and handling produces some interesting 'weathering'.

There's some references in the WiP for those who are interested in the development of this 'interesting' type.

Thanks for looking, comments welcome.

• Like 42

She's done, and on the ceiling scaring the Spitfires. Epic build mate, and

a thoroughly enjoyable wip, looking forward to the next one.

She looks fantastic, :thumbsup:

Sean

• Like 1

Very nicely finished. I would think twice about even attempting a natural metal finish on a kit like that. I intend putting my recently finished Valom Buckmaster on in the next day or so. Valom do like to challenge modellers with their products. Are you now going to relax by building the Mach2 Argosy? (just joking)

Somewhere, someone at Valom is crying haha

Great job on a truly awful kit lol.

Ashley

Thanks Ashley! :)

Great finish. Great wip. Great subject. I'll get round to building mine sometime.

Thanks Mark :) I hope this will help you avoid some of the pitfalls when you build yours although I'm afraid most of them are moulded!

Very nicely finished. I would think twice about even attempting a natural metal finish on a kit like that. I intend putting my recently finished Valom Buckmaster on in the next day or so. Valom do like to challenge modellers with their products. Are you now going to relax by building the Mach2 Argosy? (just joking)

Thanks Martin :)

I agree, but they do do great subjects. I'll look forward to the Buckmaster - on my wish list.