Revell P-47m,"Devastatin Deb"

Hi folk's this is number four in the P-47 STGB,my take on Revell,s "M" in the marking,s of Capt. John C Fahringer's aircraft

of the 63RD F.S at the end of the war.Revell have shown her in the late scheme with the fin fillet added,red outlines to the

codes and the lower wing buzz code added,while being flown by Maj. George E Bostwick on March 25th 1945 she downed an

Me 262 and damaged another(I,m two kill markings shy on the finished model).Thanks for looking.

DSCN0958%20640x480_zpscfsfsp6a.jpg

DSCN0948%20640x480_zps57bcirjo.jpg

DSCN0946%20640x480_zpsbiiydmyq.jpg

DSCN0947%20640x480_zpsxcslndx9.jpg

DSCN0952%20640x480_zpsy64xfxfe.jpg

DSCN0950%20640x480_zpspcg5klxf.jpg

DSCN0951%20640x480_zpse6s8fkpy.jpg

And all four take a final bow.

DSCN0960%20640x534_zpsb7shqrrt.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 33

Nice set of Thunderbolts Steve, (I dare not use the name 'Jugs' in that statement :fool: ). I can't choose a favourite, they all look beautiful.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Nice set of Thunderbolts Steve, (I dare not use the name 'Jugs' in that statement :fool: ). I can't choose a favourite, they all look beautiful.

Cheers

John

Thanks John,If you've seen the rest of the GB entries you will note the "Jugs" innuendo making more than a few appearances :winkgrin:

Canny models them like, any preference Revell vs. Academy?

Thank,s Dave,the Academy kit was my favorite for easy build, the Revell kit's were more detailed but had some awful flash areas,Academy decals

were rubbish,Revell's beautiful both have shape issues I read but I,m not that fussy and my LMS was knocking the Revell kits for under a fiver so

that was me happy!

Edited by stevej60

Excellent Steve - I've got the Gabreski one to do and will treat this as nspiratuon!

Chris

Thank,s Chris,I saw Academy,s double boxing with his F-86 Sabre in the model shop yesterday,great scheme.

Thank,s Dave,the Academy kit was my favorite for easy build, the Revell kit's were more detailed but had some awful flash areas,Academy decals

were rubbish,Revell's beautiful both have shape issues I read but I,m not that fussy and my LMS was knocking the Revell kits for under a fiver so

that was me happy!

Thanks Steve,

sounds like either would do me.

excellent collection Steve :) so what type you ll build next? :)

Thank's Wolwe,I have just started a WIP for Eduard's Fokker triplane and I have three other 1/48 Biplanes to build in the future all Eduard.

No 1/72 kits planned but waiting for Airfix's Sea king in it's yellow rescue scheme which I have wanted to build for years!