Trumpeter little 1/72 Jagdpanther "late".

I have a little question for you, german AFV experts ;)

How correct would be if I leave the whole model in dunkelgelb with some handpainted markings? I've read that such kind of things were not uncommon at the end of the War...

Thanks in advance!! :)

Edited by JuanjoDominguez

There's a lot of unsubstantiated rumour & myth about German AFVs at the end of the war; vehicles leaving factories in Panzer Grey, or in red oxide primer.

Whilst it's true that supplies & logistics became fractured during the last couple of months in 1945, painting of AFVs was usually part of the production process.

Training units often had their vehicles in Dunkelgelb only though, so how about doing yours like that? Perhaps with an ironic slogan painted on by the crew who're unexpectedly (and maybe unhappily) being sent to stave off the Russians ;)

Thank you so respect me, but me and I would like to be an expert ... for now and looks very cool, and as you mention at the end of the war the camos sure were a little chaos, no paint lots approved by the corresponding agency ... but IMHO, a good 2-tone camo or 3 would stay even better,saludos Juanjo :thumbsup:

Thank you, mates :)

I'm giving a look to some late three tones schemes and I see there arent two Jagd models using the same tones... Sometimes they use a dark chocobrown while others use something more close to orange... The green is almost the same... While someones are using a very light green others use a dark one... Are all of those hues correct?? :hypnotised:

Fantastic! I have to say I'm not a fan of the 'modulation' style of painting, but I'm in awe of your skills - and eyesight!

The detail is sublime. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Ian

Fantastic! I have to say I'm not a fan of the 'modulation' style of painting, but I'm in awe of your skills - and eyesight!

The detail is sublime. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Ian

Thanks for the compliments, Ian! Eyesight is still not bad... Or at least not bad for someone with almost half a century :D

Weathering tracks... My first ones!!! God, this is waaay fun!!! :pig:

DSCN0277_zpsqkl3mbwx.jpg

• Like 1