1/48 Trumpeter Hawker Seahawk

Hi - this is my first post of a Seahawk I finished last year - plenty of reworking of basic kit - nose wheel bay extended to nose, Wolfpack outer wing panels but scratch built inner wingfolds and Pavla cockpit amongst them - painted with Xtracrylics - decals cobbled up from kit and some home made done on a Cannon inkjet printer - photos are taken on an iPhone and the nose looks a bit more elongated in some of the photos than it actually is

IMG_4912_2.jpg

IMG_4911_2.jpg

IMG_4910.jpg

IMG_4913_2.jpg

.IMG_3674_2.jpg

Cheers

CJP

Edited by CJP
postimage.cc
  • Like 40
  • Thanks 2

Mmmm...lovely jubbly! I have one of these in the stash to do as an FB3 in 806 Sqn markings. What's the issue with the nosewheel bay needing extending? Haven't examined the kit closely enough for such details yet.

If you have a look at the Seahawk walk around on Britmodeller the nose wheel door when open sits right at the tip of the aircraft nose - bay extended to reflect this

I looked up information on making your own decals on the internet - basically I located suitable fonts for the required serials and made up a word document and printed it to check the sizes were ok - then just got some clear decal sheet and put that in the printer instead of paper and printed it out - sprayed a clear finish to seal it all in - all a bit hit and miss but worked out in the end.

• Like 1

Beautiful model, I remember seeing them at Lossiemouth as a kid on holiday, standing on an old wartime bunker on the beach just at the end of the runway with them (and Scimitars, Sea Vixens and latterly Buckaneers) coming in just ove the top of my head!

Not only is it one of my favorite FAA aircraft, but treated in such a masterly fashion it becomes a work of art. Me liking very much indeed!

Absolutely fantastic!

Congrats!!!

JR

• 4 weeks later...

- I had missed your post, really nice model, I have a special feeling with the Sea-Hawk, she always lead me back to my teen aged years when I saw  my first one aboard HMS Hermes paying a good will visit in my native town Le Havre; She was the first machine on exhibit the visitors saw when the lift bring them from the dark hangar lightIing to the deck level in the bright sun light reflecting on the plexi of the canopy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

- I had missed your post, really nice model, I have a special feeling with the Sea-Hawk, she always lead me back to my teen aged years when I saw  my first one aboard HMS Hermes paying a good will visit in my native town Le Havre; She was the first machine on exhibit the visitors saw when the lift bring them from the dark hangar lightIing to the deck level in the bright sun light reflecting on the plexi of the canopy.

42 minutes ago, Lowbrow said:

Love this!

Thanks for your kind comments guys

4 hours ago, Nickthebrief said:

That's a lovely build. Can I ask: are the yellow and black chequers on the tail bullet fairing decals or painted? They look perfect!

Thanks for sharing this great work.

Nick.

Thanks Nick - the tail bullet checkers are hand painted and were not easy to mask on the curved surfaces - took a lot of remasking to try and align the colours - I used thin strips of ordinary Tamiya masking tape, not sure if Tamiya curved tape would have worked better.

CJP