who does a 1/72 aftermarket canopy for a F4 Phantom?

Selwyn

John, [Aeroclub] had one in his range of vac formed canopies.

Send him a PM and ask if he still has any.

If you have diffs getting one, get back to me, I think I have one in my spare canopies box.

Selwyn

I have lots in the spares box from the time when Fujimi gave both options - opening or fully closed. If Black Knight hasn't got one please let me know and I'll find one.

Iain

Cheers Ian. E mail sent.

Selwyn

And replied to!!! Send me your address and I will stick one in the post. Let me know if you need any other bits as that matchbox thing is atrocious.(and if that starts a debate about the relative qualities of F-4 kits I wil be happy to stick my oar in!)

And replied to!!! Send me your address and I will stick one in the post. Let me know if you need any other bits as that matchbox thing is atrocious.(and if that starts a debate about the relative qualities of F-4 kits I wil be happy to stick my oar in!)

Can't complain, The Matchbox Phantom was a freebie to me so I can practice hacking and bashing to my hearts content!

Selwyn

• Like 1

Let me know if you need any other bits as that matchbox thing is atrocious.

If you put a bit of work in that it ends up looking ok.

43Sqn2.jpg

I think I still have some spare phantom upgrade bits if you want them Selwyn?

Julien

• Like 1

If you put a bit of work in that it ends up looking ok.

43Sqn2.jpg

I think I still have some spare phantom upgrade bits if you want them Selwyn?

Julien

Thanks for the offer but I'm OK thanks. Got a lot of bits acquired over the years myself, It was just that god awful canopy that was setting me back!

Selwyn

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Anyone know if any of the other kits canopies fit the old esci kit? I know the new hasegawa, revell and academy ones don't? But what about the fujimi and others? Particular the monogram one, as I can get a spare from revell 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

As this thread has come alive again a quick update, seems appropriate.

Ian sent me a fujimi Canopy  and when i came to fit it to the matchbox Kit it was soon apparent what the problem was with the original matchbox canopy.Quite simply the clear parts supplied by matchbox are just the "windows" of the canopy. The canopy frames are actually molded integral with the fuselage sides, whereas the Fujimi canopy is a molding of the canopy complete with frames.

The canopy frame opening lines are quite clearly marked  on the MB  fuselage sides. A short session trimming back these "Frames" on the Matchbox fuselage and I offered up the Fujimi parts, I tell you the fit was absolutely perfect!   As the Fujimi kit is considered to be very accurate its a bit of a tribute to the accuracy of the MB kits cockpit profile.  Its not  just the fact that the MB canopy profile looks awful, you cannot show the MB kit canopy open OOB as  the glass bit  is poised open but  the canopy frame remains on the fuselage,and  that is what turns everyone off to this kit.

Selwyn

• Like 2