Would this be suitable for AB work

Booty003

Hi guys,

I have one of the Foxhunter small tank compressors (3 litre tank) at the moment and have been toying with the idea of something with a bigger tank. I saw this compressor and was wondering whether it would be suitable to use for AB work:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-8117190scr513-24ltr-compressor-240v/1392f

Cheers all,

Phil

It's similar to what I use. I would suggest getting a separate regulator/moisture/oil trap to place downstream of the compressor outlet.

With a 6CFM output, you can run air chisels, drills, ratchets, maybe even die grinders from this!

As long as you can regulate the pressure you can use anything.

Quoted as 95 Decibels, so ok for a garage, but not really kitchen friendly.

Why do you think you need something like this if you have one with a 3l tank already ?

Paul

Thanks for the quick reply guys, the 3L tank seems to empty really quickly - sometimes its like its running constantly at times. I read a couple of reviews for the compressor and most of them say that it is quite loud, I am sure that will please 'er indoors no end.....!!! :-)

I will take a look at my existing compressor tonight and make sure everything is done up tight and it isn't full of water....!!

Phil

The tank size and much higher storage pressure will make quite a difference in running times (I am guessing your current compressor only stores at around 65psi if you are lucky). I have an AS186 kicking around somewhere and it was on most of the time when I was using it in anger. The one you link to is a bit loud. I bought one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/241185-Silent-Type-Air-Compressor-65DB-220V-1100W-50L-For-Garage-Workshop-Clinic-/281882168960?hash=item41a17c8e80:g:MXsAAOSwofxUlEy2except with the 24l tank (currently none listed by AIM tools) which is fairly quiet and gives me plenty of work before the tank pressure drops below the 65psi at which the motor kicks in to refill. Refilling is pretty quick and the noise level is no louder than the AS186 types. Bit more expensive but quieter than the Stanley one you link to.

Do a search on fleabay for 'silent compressors' and you will see there are a few different choices available.

This one here is pretty much identical to the one I have with a different brand name on it (Mine is labelled Orazio) although I think mine was a bit cheaper http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/241185-Silent-Type-Air-Compressor-65DB-220V-1100W-50L-For-Garage-Workshop-Clinic-/281882168960?hash=item41a17c8e80:g:MXsAAOSwofxUlEy2