Eduard 1/48 DR 1 paint question

Bob Henry

A very hardy THANK YOU to all who have replied. Melvyn, I would like to also thank you for taking the time to post the detailed cockpit photos. They will be very helpful. I am curious about one detail in one of the photos. I noticed that there was some rope / chord wrapped around the bottom of the rudder petals. Was that a modern day modification or was that done during the War as well ? By the way, that is a great point about the grain being almost non detectable in 1/48 scale. I may experiment with some darker brown washes applied with the end of a makeup sponge to provide just a hint of the wood grain that may be visible whenever I take some close - up photos. I'm definitely looking forward to getting started on this one .... after I get done with installing the hardwood floor in our home. I have to keep my "REAL BOSS" happy ... if you know what I mean. Bob H.

The cord around the rudder pedals is to give more grip. If the Memorial Flight do it, it is probably original as their research is pretty good.

I have an Eduard Dr1 lying around and some decals I was sent ages ago for helping get the colours on five-colour lozenge. I really should get that out and make it as I will need a non-guitar project when I finish the current rewrite of my old book.